Fuse4X allows you to extend Mac OS X's native file handling capabilities via 3rd-party file systems. It can be used as a software building block other products. As a user, installing the Fuse4X software package will let you use any 3rd-party file system written atop Fuse4X. As a developer, you can use the Fuse4X SDK to write numerous types of new file systems as regular user-mode programs. The content of these file systems can come from anywhere: from the local disk, from across the network, from memory, or any other combination of sources. Writing a file system using Fuse4X is orders of magnitude easier and quicker than the traditional approach of writing in-kernel file systems. Since Fuse4X file systems are regular applications (as opposed to kernel extensions), you have just as much flexibility and choice in programming tools, debuggers, and libraries as you have if you were developing standard Mac OS X applications.
More Products to Consider
- Expand RAR archives on your Mac.
- Snow Leopard operating system.
- Graphical disk usage utility.
- Extract, recover, and backup WhatsApp chat messages on your iPh...
- Mac operating system for Intel-based Macs.
- Mount, read & write to NTFS-formatted drives under OS X.
- Recover data and photos from lost partitions and drives.
- Add tabs and new features to the OS X Finder.
- Screen capture utility.
- Expand over 30 formats: StuffIt, Zip, RAR, 7z, tar, open encryp...
- Synchronize your files automatically to your computers and the ...
- Recover files, photos and office documents.
- OS X Mountain Lion is the latest release of the world's most ad...
- Recovers photo, videos and music files efficiently.
- Data recovery software.
- Restore bmp, jpg, png, tif, mp3 files fast and accurately.
- Builds universal software installers.
- Experience the power of WinZip-on your Mac! Compressing, protec...
- Recover your lost data.
- Compile and run Unix Open Source software on Mac OS X.
- Perform maintenance and other tasks on your Mac.
- Package management system.
- Manage .DS_Store files, resource forks, trash, etc.
- Drivers for the all-in-one series.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content