A newer version of Freecorder is available.Or, Learn More About Freecorder
Full user review
"Works, but it's way too much hassle."
It seems to record okay.
- Firstly, it only works if you install the bundled toolbar which includes all sorts of rubbish. On top of which elements of the toolbar don't even work... for instance, I saw the option to add Windows Calculator and Notepad shortcuts to my browser, and thought "that looks handy". Well maybe it would be, if it worked.
- Secondly it hijacked my default search engine, and continues to do so despite my uninstalling the program and toolbar, and resetting my search engine.
- Third... I tried it out by recording a comedy show from bbc iPlayer.. this appeared to work, but it auto-splits the audio so after 20 minutes I had about 50 tiny files... and no I couldn't find any option to disable or adjust the auto-split function. Though to be fair, I'd pretty much run out of patience by that point.
- No Pause/Start buttons??? Surely these are a basic requirement for an audio recorder.
- Unstalling the app doesn't get rid of the crappy toolbar.
Thanks to all the bundled rubbish I'll be reinstalling Firefox just to make sure all the junk is gone. In fact I'll probably be wiping and restoring my C Drive, as god knows what other rubbish this app has left on my system.
It would be a nice app, as a stand-alone desktop version with basic essentials like Record/Pause buttons. As it is, I'm still searching...