CNET Editors' review
A good ripper makes all the difference when transferring your CD tracks to MP3s. FreeRIP not only extracts and converts your audio tracks but also finds and downloads CD and track information and presents it in editable form right on the interface. It's easy to start right up with FreeRIP, but it includes a multi-language manual as well as tutorials and FAQs, if you should need them. FreeRIP supports the most common audio formats, not only MP3 but also FLAC, Ogg Vorbis, WMA, and WAV. It can also convert files between any two supported formats. Of course, FreeRIP can also play your files.
FreeRIP's nice-looking interface includes three tools: the Ripper, Converter, and Tagger. We loaded an audio CD in our burner's tray. FreeRIP scanned and displayed the contents, automatically retrieving the CD's meta tags and displaying them in the right-hand sidebar. The program's colorful toolbar accesses all necessary functions, including an Options Window, which is a compact pop-up for setting program preferences. FreeRIP offers many more data fields for both tracks and albums than most users will need, but those who do will appreciate not only the detailed tags but also how easy it is to enter and edit data. FreeRIP can rip your CD tracks and save them in the low-loss FLAC format, which preserves more of the original quality. You can play them on your PC in the high-quality format, and then convert them into MP3s for your portable player later on.
We pressed the Rip CD button when we were ready, and FreeRIP processed our CD quickly, ripping and converting the batch of tracks one by one, and tracking the progress of each in a pop-up. If you have lots of CDs to rip and little time to do it, there's a paid upgrade, FreeRIP Pro, optimized for multicore CPUs. It offers faster ripping and other options, such as prioritization. But we had no problem with waiting a little longer, and the quality is the same, so we were perfectly happy with the freeware version of FreeRIP and the files it creates.FreeRip - Convert audio from CD to MP3 - Download Video Previews:
From GreenTree Applications:
FreeRIP is an easy-to-use Windows application that can convert audio from CD to MP3, OGG, FLAC, WAV, and WMA. It is also an MP3 converter, so it can convert MP3 to WAV, OGG to MP3, WMA to MP3, and WAV to FLAC. FreeRIP also integrates an MP3 tag editor that can handle both ID3 v1 and v2 tags, supports CD-Text and online CD databases for automatic metadata downloading. FreeRIP can download track data from the famous freedb.org, but also offers its exclusive FreeRIP CD DB which is a user-maintained database that offers a number of additional fields like lyrics, band, lyricist, etc. FreeRIP also offers advanced features such as the ability to rip multiple CD tracks to a single MP3 file, and a search shortcut menu to help you find images, videos, information and lyrics.
Despite the huge number of functions it incorporates, FreeRIP has an intuitive user interface; a toolbar with big icons and a main window divided into two parts, the first of which lists the tracks and the second part gives specific information on each track. FreeRIP natively supports multiple languages such as English, Italian, German, Spanish, Portuguese, French and Slovenian.
What's new in this version: Version 3.91 may include unspecified updates, enhancements, or bug fixes.
More Products to Consider
- Create, edit, burn, mount, and encrypt CD, DVD, and BD image fi...
- Get fast and flexible digital-media playback with access to sma...
- Convert CDs to MP3, WMA, WAV, OGG, FLAC formats, convert audio ...
- Mix, scratch, and remix MP3 or music videos live.
- Play video and audio files, convert to other file formats, burn...
- Convert DVD movies to all the popular video or audio formats wi...
- Rip audio CDs, convert music, and burn discs easily.
- Burn CD, DVD, and Blu-ray.
- Open FLV encoded video files.
- Convert M4A/AAC into MP3/WAV format.
- Create all sorts of CDs, DVDs, and Blu-ray discs.
- Cut desired parts from your MP3 files.
- Copy DVD to iPod, iPhone, 3GP, PSP, Zune, HD TV, AVI, Divx, Xvi...
- Record, edit, convert, analyze, and restore sound files.
- Listen to audio files with light and simple audio player from t...
- Manage your music and movie libraries on your PC, iPod or iPhon...
- Run a virtual mixing console for MP3, WAV, and Karaoke (MP3+G) ...
- Convert all your FLAC files to the standard MP3 files.
- Burn the files and images on CD and DVD discs.
- Search and download from over 100 million songs.
- Get flexible audio and video playback with access to smart orga...
- Burn all your photos, videos, music, and data to CDs, DVDs, and...
- Edit your digital audio files on your Windows PC.
- Rip audio CDs, convert audio, burn and copy CDs, DVDs, Blu-ray ...
All versions:3.4 stars
out of 560 votes
Current version:4.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Nice program, looks almost to good to be truth."
Version: FreeRip 3.91
Easy to use;
Quick to understand;
Several options and setting to choice.
It takes a little time to rip a CD;
I can not find the ripped files at once?
But after change of settings it go's better.
Nice program. Easy to use. Free version; there is a Pro version with more/better options advertising pop-up when starting Free-Rip.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content