Full user review
"Very Good software"
Excellent software and completely safe.
None. Software is free.
As the author of this program which has been in circulation for over 10 years and had many improvements over that time I am continually amazed at peoples reaction to free software. Particularly from people who simple don't understand the nature of the software.
1. THIS SOFTWARE IS NOT A TROJAN OR ANY FORM OF MALWARE. Heuristics of some virus checkers often make false positives about the program because it essentially allows TCP connections to be made between computers. This is the nature of the software and is completely in the control of the user. I don't care what your virus checker says. I wrote the software. There is no trojan.
2. This software is free and has benefited millions of users worldwide. I am proud of that. Placing LARGE banners "this is such and such" etc in comments simply works against any good I had intended and is factually wrong.
3. If you have a problem or need any information, join the forum at http://www.handcraftedsoftware.org
4. The CNET editors review contains a number of factual errors. I am not sure the reviewer actually reviewed this software. It does have comprehensive help. It does have use authentication and always had (built in and Active Directory/NTLM based), it can handle many hundreds of users.
5. It seems particularly unfair to me that you can simply write whatever you like and destroy something which has been of value to many over the years just by putting a comment against a listing without any understanding of what you are saying or necessarily any understanding of the time and effort that was put into creating this software. I think its a crime that this can happen.