CNET Editors' review
The first time we tried to use Foxonic Professional, we didn't understand it. But we hadn't slept well the night before, so we decided to set it aside and come back to it when we were feeling a little more focused. Our second attempt at understanding Foxonic Professional was more successful, but the fact remains that some aspects of the program just don't make any sense.
The program's interface is plain and not particularly intuitive. For the most part it just consists of a file viewer that allows users to navigate to and select the files they want to work with. Beneath this is an area where users can drag and drop files, and our first instinct was to drag the files that we wanted to use to this area and then select the desired tool. But this is not, in fact, how the program works, and we never did figure out what--if anything--this drag-and-drop area is for. There's no mention of it at all in the built-in Help file. It turns out that users simply select the files that they want to use and go from there. Most of the program's features worked as expected on PDF files; the Merger, Splitter, Page Remover, and Page Extractor were fine. However, if users are looking to turn a file or files into a PDF, they should know that Foxonic only does this with images, and even then, not very well. For the life of us, we could not get the program to combine two images into one PDF, even though we followed the directions the best we could. The program's Help file is sad; it provides a description of each feature and aspect of the interface, but no instructions for actually using these features to produce the desired result. Overall, Foxonic Professional is functional, but we feel that there are other PDF tools out there that are much easier to use.
Foxonic Professional installs a desktop icon without asking but uninstalls cleanly. We recommend this program with reservations.
Editors' note: This is a review of the full version of Foxonic Professional 4.2 build 0095. The trial version is limited to 30 days.
From Caisdata Software:
Foxonic is a powerful and easy-to-use PDF tool. What can I do with Foxonic? (1) merge PDF, split PDF, extract PDF pages, crop PDF pages and remove PDF pages. (2) edit PDF, such as, add watermarks, add page numbers, add / change / remove (modify) PDF password / permissions, insert URL linking to the PDF file, scale up / down PDF, change PDF page dimension / size, rotate PDF page. (3) convert image to PDF, such as, TIFF to PDF, JPEG to PDF, BMP to PDF, GIF to PDF and PNG to PDF. What is Foxonic? Foxonic contains following PDF tools in one product: "PDF Protector", "PDF Merger", "PDF Splitter", "PDF Page Extractor", "PDF Page remover", "PDF Cropping Tool", "Multiple PDF Pages per Sheet Printing Tool", "PDF Rotator", "PDF Font Embedding Tool", "PDF Scale Up/Down Tool", "PDF Meta Data Modifier", "PDF DPI Changing Tool", "PDF Slide Show/Presentation Maker", "PDF Optimizer", "PDF Stamper", "PDF Permission Modifier", "PDF Password Modifier", "PDF Page Dimension Changing Tool", "JPEG to PDF Converter", "TIFF to PDF Converter". You can also use Foxonic as a windows file explorer. What can I do with Foxonic? With this PDF tool, you can protect PDF, merge PDF, split PDF, extract PDF pages, remove PDF pages, crop PDF pages (remove unwanted parts of PDF pages or images), multiple PDF pages per sheet printing, optimize PDF file, embed font to PDF, rotate PDF, scale up/down PDF, modify PDF meta data (such as "author" "keyword" "subject" "title" etc.), change PDF DPI, change PDF page dimension and add watermarks, add page numbers, add page header / footer to PDF pages, add / change / remove PDF password / permissions and insert URL linking to the PDF file, convert image to PDF, such as converting TIFF to PDF, JPEG to PDF and you can do more with this powerful PDF tool. You can edit PDF file and make your own PDF e-books, PDF photo albums, PDF presentation and PDF slide shows with easy and pleasure, and share your PDF files with others without worry about the security of the PDF files.
What's new in this version: Version 5.0 build 0183 supports "Batch Processing Mode" in "PDF Splitter", "PDF Page Extractor" and "PDF Page Remover".
More Products to Consider
- Take an open-source approach to office productivity.
- Transform PDF documents to Excel documents.
- Convert PDF files to Microsoft Word format.
- Open, edit, and save files using the new file formats in 2007 v...
- View, navigate, and print PDF files.
- Convert JPG, BMP, TIFF, PNG images to PDF files.
- Carry out your writing work while having access to multiple doc...
- Read and write data in different formats.
- Create and share content with the help of a comprehensive set o...
- Capture and easily edit the captured images.
- Create invoices and delivery notes for various purposes.
- Record any screen activities and audio.
- Create, encrypt, and merge PDF files.
- Create invoices and delivery notes for various purposes.
- Capture, record, broadcast, and remotely monitor computer deskt...
- Keep track of how you use your PC.
- Create impressive photo collage automatically in a few clicks.
- Append multiple PDFs pages into one file.
- Convert CSV, TXT or Excel files to OFX format and import into M...
- Render PDF files within applications that support the print fun...
- Create animation from your photos and images.
- Shrink PDF files by using the Flate or RunLength compression al...
- Batch convert Powerpoint to PDF, PNG, JPEG, TIFF files without ...
- Listen to your audio books without breaks between tracks.
All versions:4.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Best Image to PDF converter ever!!!"
Version: Foxonic Professional 3.2 Build 0019
Can perfectly batch convert images of different sizes & layouts (landscape, portrait) into a single PDF, unlike other software which tried to force convert images into a single size/layout; tons of settings to customize conversion process.
No thumbnail views in file browser (even on Vista); there's a bug where Foxonic can't load certain images (due to ICC profile error), this is fixed in version 3.5.
Best Image to PDF converter ever!!! Freeware converters can't match Foxonic in terms of quality conversion.