CNET Editors' review
FotoMix is an intuitive photo-editing tool that allows users to create dual-layer images, making it possible to add, remove, and combine elements. Although it doesn't begin to compare to full-featured software like Photoshop, it's not a bad choice for non-professional users who need something that's quick and easy to use.
The program's interface is quite simple, with the five-step photo-editing process arranged with buttons across the top. Users simply select a background image, select a foreground image, do the necessary editing on each, tweak the settings on the final composition, and save the result. We, for example, inserted a giant eggplant into the water in front of a small fishing village. We can't say that it looked particularly realistic, but we can say that it is within the capabilities of FotoMix to combine elements from different images in a realistic way. We very rarely do any photo editing, but we found just about all of the program's features to be intuitive, and the built-in Help file is well-written and thorough. We think that FotoMix is a great choice for users who don't have much photo-editing experience but need a basic way to combine elements from different images or just perform basic edits and improvements on a single image; if nothing else, it's an easy way to crop, rotate, and add text to images.
FotoMix is free, but does include advertising. The program installs a desktop icon without asking and leaves a folder behind upon removal. We recommend this program to all users.
From Digital Photo Software:
FotoMix is a versatile program that allows you to mix and manipulate different backgrounds and foregrounds, to create a wide variety of images of photo manipulations. You can use it to: Design eye-catching photo collages, desktop wallpapers, CD and DVD covers, and miscellaneous Web graphics. Add or remove your loved and not so loved ones from your pictures. Remove, add or alter backgrounds. Create photo montages by combining multiple pictures into a unique heirloom depicting retrospectives of a birth, marriage, anniversary. Anything is possible. The result that is so high in quality that it is almost impossible to tell if the photo has been manipulated. Once your creations are finished, you can print them, email them to friends or transfer them to T-shirts, mugs, calendars. Make the most out of your photo collection. Play with it. Explore the possibilities. You will love it. English, Spanish, French, German, Norwegian and Russian languages are supported.
More Products to Consider
- View and edit most graphics formats simply and quickly.
- Optimize your images and change their size.
- View, edit, print, or add frames to your photos.
- Manage, view, convert, and edit your images.
- Optimize your photos and turn them into paintings or funny cari...
- Process your digital photos and create slide shows for sharing.
- Organize, edit, and share pictures with this free photo manager...
- Edit, enhance, and manipulate your digital photos or graphics.
- Create and edit photos using layers, effects, and other tools.
- Capture and edit your images with various tools.
- Share and edit your portraits using sophisticated processing te...
- Create and alter photos and graphics manually or via scripting.
- View, modify, and manage your image files.
- Edit photos, add photo frame, photo effects, collages, and funn...
- View digital images and manipulate EXIF info.
- Create powerful images with a full-featured image editor.
- Crate memorable slideshows from your photos.
- Group and batch rename photo and video files.
- Take a snapshot of anything on your computer screen.
- Preview image files of different formats directly in Windows Ex...
- Make unique collages for memorable occasions with your own phot...
- Blend pictures and create single composition of two images.
- View, modify, and manage your image files.
- Create photo collages from your digital images.
All versions:3.8 stars
out of 57 votes
Current version:1.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Installed Facemoods toolbar even after boxes unchecked!"
Version: FotoMix 8.6.2
WARNING: This update installed Facemoods toolbar even after I unchecked every box!!! Until this update I was well pleased with this program.
WARNING: This update installed Facemoods toolbar even after I unchecked every box!!! Older versions sometimes freeze and have to restart and have to start editing from all over again.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content