FontNuke is a free utility application for Mac OS X 10.4.x+ (Tiger, Leopard, Snow Leopard, Lion, Mountain Lion, Mavericks, Yosemite) that removes corrupt and troublesome font cache files. I created this application as a tool for my personal use at the office, and has become very useful for me. To grant individual non-admin users the ability to remove font cache files, without my involvement--is HUGE! Not to mention intelligent application quitting, plus a GUARANTEED reboot, makes my life easier. FontNuke removes system font caches, Adobe font caches (*.lst), Microsoft Office font caches, and now also (as of version 1.1.9) ALL versions of QuarkXPress font cache files. Not to mention it's free. I have recently added an option which purges spotlight indexes on startup volume from /.Spotlight-V100. This has been added due to some intermittent unresponsiveness when searching network volumes for some of my MCX clients. Please use this feature with caution.
What's new in this version:
- Updated for Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite.
- Bug fixes to eliminate random application crashes and exception errors on select systems.
- Authorization improvements to ease configuration of Admin-Free mode.
- Application Bundle Identifier updated.
- Added integrated update checker and updater.
- Removed suitcase reset functionality.
- Removed Force Deep Traversal option. Functionality has been integrated into default behavio... See all new features »