A newer version of Folder Size is available.Or, Learn More About Folder Size
Full user review
"Go to the developers website first for instructions!"
Works wonderfully for Windows 2000 or XP (just like the developer says) at http://foldersize.sourceforge.net/using.html
Does NOT work for VISTA or Windows 7, unfortunately
Instructions for Setting it Up:
(1) First, make SURE that you're running Windows 2000 or XP. Sorry, it doesn't work in Vista or 7.
(2) Download the installer (regular 32-bit) (XP x64).
(3) Run the downloaded file to start the install wizard. It has boring template text, so just keep clicking Next.
(4) Now the Folder Size column is available to Explorer, but Explorer isn't displaying it yet. Open an Explorer window in Details view.
(5) Right click on the column headers to see a list of columns you can add. Choose Folder Size.
(6) Now we can replace the existing Size column with the new Folder Size column. Right click on the column headers and uncheck the Size column. Drag the Folder Size column header to where Size used to be.
(7) Make this the default view for all folders. Go to Folder Options from the Tools menu. In the View tab, click Apply to All Folders.