CNET Editors' review
Flickr for Android lets users of the popular Yahoo-owned photo site connect with the Flickr community and upload photos while on the go. It's dead simple, looks great, and is a nifty tool for storing select mobile photos in the cloud.
In order to get started, you must have a Yahoo account set up. This holds true, even if you decide to log in using your Facebook account. Once you're set up with Yahoo, you get free access to Flickr, and are allowed to upload up to 300 MB of photos per month. If you need more than that, then you'll have to sign up for a Premium Flickr account, which, of course, will cost you.
The main dashboard of the Flickr app opens directly to your activity feed, which lets you know if anyone has favorited or commented on any of your photos. From there, the navigation bar at the bottom of the screen lets you easily access your contacts, your own profile, and the built-in Flickr Camera.
If you're looking for a powerful photo manipulation tool, then Flickr probably isn't it. It offers a few filters, the ability to caption items, and that's about it. What Flickr is good at, though, is sharing. It can share natively to Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, or e-mail. And, of course, it's connected with the very active Flickr community. That said, if you're looking for a tool to share your mobile photos, and back them up to your Yahoo account in the cloud, you should definitely take a look at Flickr for Android.
The best way to share your life in photos - now available on Android! Take beautiful photos with our in-app camera, enhance with filters, then share on Facebook, Twitter and more.
- Capture and enhance with one of our custom filters. High resolution photos that look good everywhere (on your PC, tablet or internet fridge).
- Upload straight to Flickr and share to your friends on Facebook, Twitter, via email and more. Stay up to date with latest comments and activity on your photos too.
- When you upload to Flickr you also get access to powerful online organizational tools, groups, fun photo apps, and a community of over 60 million members. That's a whole lotta photo sharing unleashed in one app!
More Products to Consider
- View and edit most graphics formats simply and quickly.
- View, edit, print, or add frames to your photos.
- Manage, view, convert, and edit your images.
- Optimize your photos and turn them into paintings or funny cari...
- Create and edit photos using layers, effects, and other tools.
- Edit, enhance, and manipulate your digital photos or graphics.
- Create and alter photos and graphics manually or via scripting.
- Blend pictures and create single composition of two images.
- Take a snapshot of anything on your computer screen.
- Organize, edit, and share pictures with this free photo manager...
- Create powerful images with a full-featured image editor.
- Ddownload, edit, manage, save, and share photos.
- Edit photos, add photo frame, photo effects, collages, and funn...
- Optimize your images and change their size.
- Capture and edit your images with various tools.
- Carry out all essential tasks of the photography workflow and d...
- Process your digital photos and create slide shows for sharing.
- Add your photo into different beautiful templates.
- Create powerful images and discover new dimensions in digital i...
- Convert images into different formats in a batch mode.
- Edit, adjust, filter, and collage your images; take your photos...
- Share and edit your portraits using sophisticated processing te...
- View, modify, and manage your image files.
- View digital images and manipulate EXIF info.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content