CNET Editors' review
Fleet Maintenance Pro Deluxe provides users with a way to manage large numbers of vehicles and all their scheduled maintenance. While its versatility is excellent, the amount of work required to keep it accurate may turn some operators off.
The program's interface mimics an Excel spreadsheet and should not seem too mysterious to users. While there are several command icons along the top and bottom of the screen, a little experimentation and a trip to the Help file should help bring anyone up to speed. Managing your fleet of vehicles is simple but tedious. Inputting new vehicles is easy and quick, only requiring a few button clicks and a little information (however, users have the choice to enter a slew of data in the program's fields). Scheduling repairs and maintenance was equally simple and the program reminded us when we had an upcoming visit with the mechanic. The only drawback we found was the intense amount of data entry required to keep the program accurate. For example, to keep your vehicles on schedule for oil changes their mileage must be entered daily so you can be alerted when they hit a specified mark.
The program's features provide users with a deep look at their fleet. The wide variety of reports available allows users to run one on everything from mileage, to scheduled maintenance, to what parts were last replaced. You have 30 days to give the program a try. While it takes dedication to maintain, this program is a great addition to a busy fleet.
Fleet Maintenance Pro Deluxe makes it easy to track and organize preventive and repair maintenance information on your fleet. Track many details about each of your vehicles/equipment that are vital to fleet management. If needed, numerous user defined fields are also provided for tracking other types of information that are important to you.
Automated and color-coded PM alerts instantly show you which vehicles and equipment are due for service at all times. In addition to pre-defined maintenance services, ranging from changing the oil to performing an engine tune-up, you can define custom maintenance services and PM schedules for different types of vehicles and equipment. Use the built-in repair scheduling utility to track unexpected repairs or problems reported by drivers or employees. When maintenance is performed on a vehicle, it can be recorded and saved to the fleet history so you can easily monitor PM, repair, parts, labor, and overall operating costs. Print detailed reports using the Report Generator and specify report-filtering criteria to analyze only the data you need.
Fleet Maintenance Pro also tracks vendors, fuel purchases, drivers, insurance data, registrations, purchasing details, and loan/lease information. This Deluxe version adds part itemization, additional user-defined fields, photo support, document attachments, depreciation tracking, and a system tray utility. Fleet Maintenance Pro is flexible enough to allow you to track as much or as little information as you require. Network versions are available. Both on-line and phone support is available. A Shop edition is also available for in-house maintenance shops that provides work order support, parts inventory, purchase orders, invoicing, and more. Several editions of Fleet Maintenance Pro are available based on your needs and budget.
More Products to Consider
- View, navigate, and print PDF files.
- Take an open-source approach to office productivity.
- Create and share content with the help of a comprehensive set o...
- Convert PDF files to Microsoft Word format.
- Open, edit, and save files using the new file formats in 2007 v...
- Convert JPG, BMP, TIFF, PNG images to PDF files.
- Transform PDF documents to Excel documents.
- Create, encrypt, and merge PDF files.
- Keep track of how you use your PC.
- Create, manage, and collaborate with others on presentations.
- Render PDF files within applications that support the print fun...
- Develop your own custom solutions visualizing various data.
- Read, create, and save files seamlessly in Office 2007/2010 and...
- Recognize text from images using the open source Tesseract OCR ...
- Monitor your vehicle maintenance, parts, and other information ...
- Guide and talk to your patients without being distracted when m...
- Track employee time spent on different projects.
- Organize and track maintenance records for your car.
- Convert Word, RTF, and TXT files into PDF documents.
- Write your memories or appointments with ease.
- Create maintenance schedule, track expenses about your vehicles...
- Create, personalize, and share publications & marketing materia...
- Keep track of vehicles and equipment organized by department.
- Learn about individual personality using names and birth number...