From dprog - Philippe Docourt:
Find & Replace It! is a powerful search and replace utility. It allows performing very complex batch replacements inside text files of any size. It supports regular expression syntax and dozens of encodings. It has scripting capabilities which allow transforming on the fly the replacement text for every found string. It even handles batch processing of the encoding of files, as well as of types of end-of-lines. If at first glance, Find & Replace It! looks just like an ordinary search and replace tool, its immense utility and power will become obvious to you as you use it. For one, it can handle more than 50 different kinds of text encodings. So whether you would like to replace text encoded in UTF-8 or any other non-ASCII encodings, you can be sure this application can do it for you. The interface is not only very user-friendly but you can also arrange the panes in the window to suit your convenience. Further, if you are trying to replace a complex expression say as in a software code but would like to view the impact of the replacement before actually doing so, Find & Replace It! offers you a preview feature. Using this, you can understand what the result of replacing a certain piece of text would be without first modifying the content. Finally, if you want to carry out the replacement on very large files, say running into 10 GB, Find & Replace It! will do it without any problem.
More Products to Consider
- Design, develop, and maintain standards-based websites and appl...
- Create web sites and blogs.
- Updates Java components.
- Mac OS X development environment.
- Edit audio, add audio effects on Mac OS X easily.
- Use Flex, Flash, AJAX to build rich Internet apps that deploy t...
- Komodo Edit: Free multi-platform, multi-language editor: Perl, ...
- Y2K fixes for the web publishing software.
- Show or hide all hidden files on your mac.
- Text editor for plain text files with many options.
- Manage business database applications.
- Rapidly prototype websites and application interfaces.
- Create games for Mac, PC, or Web with a free development tool.
- Popular HTML & text editor.
- Displays the ASN.1 structure of a BER-encoded file.
- MySQL database management app.
- Affinic debugger user interface for OS X.
- HTML5 website design app.
- Administration of software projects.
- Listed QuickTime movie player.
- Advanced property list & preference editor.
- Document-based audio file editor.
- Run Applescripts by holding down key combinations.
- Batch file renamer with droplets.
All versions:1.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Demo Issue-You can't save your test, so can't try it!"
Version: Find And Replace It 1.3.1
Don't know from using the Demo.
- U must register on Website and only find out when you try to use the Demo.
- According to User Manual, Demo does not allow a file save therefore u can't test result for corruption.
I object to giving out my personal info until I decide to purchase something.
Don't get the Demo.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content
See more CNET content tagged: