Select a folder, filter its contents, recurse its folder structure, choose your naming scheme and click the "Rename Files" button. Dozens, or hundreds or thousands of files are quickly renamed to meet your criteria. Many thanks to the thousands of people who have downloaded and used FileWrangler. It's your interest and feedback that have kept the project going.
The important new feature of version 1.2 is user-definable configuration sets. You can customize the interface as you see fit and save those interface settings as a set, to be called upon again and again. You can also choose one of your custom sets to be the default set upon program launch
Additionally, FileWrangler now features full preferences, allowing you to tweak things like how the numbering handles subfolders, what constitutes a character violation, and even the color of violation highlighting. FileWrangler 1.2 is all about customization and making the program your own. Download includes robust PDF manual.
What's new in this version:
*** 12/20/2006 ***
Updated download link to new server at christopherdrum.com.
Changes to 1.2.1
- SPEED!!! The bug that caused file renaming to slow to a crawl has been found and fixed.!
- Fixes a bug that could cause creation dates of renamed files to modify to reflect today's date
- A few minor potential memory leaks patched.
- Progress indicator now appears for batches over 500 files
New for 1.2
- User definable configur... See all new features »