The FileMonkey file operations package automates common file management tasks which would otherwise be tedious and time consuming. Main features of FileMonkey include:
- Perform search and replace on multiple file contents, file names or folder names.
- Rename files or folders to match a sequence. Split, join, or merge target files.
- Change attributes of files or directories.
- Convert file or directory names to uppercase, lowercase or propercase.
- Find keywords within files using the local search engine.
- Create batch jobs and append strings to file names.
- Encrypt and decrypt files. Extract text from inside files.
- Filter, sort, list and print by size, dates, and pattern.
- Permanently wipe free space and erase files.
- Edit last accessed, created and modified date and time stamps.