For working with files and folders such as:
- View and edit a wide range of file and folder information.
- Create droplet applications that automatically apply changes to items dropped on them, including the contents of folders.
- Find files and folders using an extensive set of search criteria. Enhance file searches with plug-ins that extend file search capabilities. Conveniently perform a wide variety of actions on found items. Make File Buddy your default file finding application using the File Buddy CP control panel.
- Modify the names of multiple files at once. For example, remove ".txt" from the names of a group of files.
- Use contextual menus to accomplish many tasks in a single step. Contextual menus are supported on all versions of the Macintosh operating systems.
- Create custom icons: from PICTs on the clipboard; from other icons; for folders using a variety of templates; with blank icons; using only small icons.
- Create aliases.
- Find empty files and folders, orphaned files, duplicate files, broken aliases, and unused preference files.
- Automatically repair broken aliases
- Rebuild the desktop file.
- Move, delete, and copy files. Even copy invisible files and use the Replace Different option to skipping copying files that already exist.
- Delete data and resource forks from files.
- Erase files and unused disk space.
- Create snapshots that can be used to track the changes on a disk, such as files installed by an installer. Use snapshots to uninstall applications.
What's new in this version:
- A change in 7.5.2 was causing some instability for some users, most notably after closing a List window in some cases. The change has been removed to eliminate the problem.