CNET Editors' review
Express Invoice is a tool for creating invoices and managing bills for small businesses. Its simple layout and helpful options make it a great program for keeping an eye on finances.
We found the program to be instantly inviting, with its functions clearly labeled and helpful onscreen instructions popping up along the way to express what data needed to be placed where. We were able to quickly populate a customer database with all billing information, build our warehouse of sale items from scratch, and apply both of these aspects toward creating an invoice. We were pleased with the professional and highly readable look of our invoices. They were perfect for printing and including with a sale. The program also offered simple tools for creating quotes and order forms, which have the same basic appearance as the invoice. Express Invoice also provided an extensive report-running feature. Here we could look at outstanding payments, current inventory, and much more.
Express Invoice is a freeware program. It comes as a compressed file, installs desktop icons without permission, and leaves behind folders after uninstall. We loved the program's simplicity and recommend it.
From NCH Software:
Professional billing software for managing client accounts, quotes, orders, billing, invoicing and applying payments. Make your business excel with an online console so multiple users can create invoices, reports and apply billing payments from their web browser. Express Invoice allows you to create templates of recurring invoices for ongoing services and link to credit card gateways to easily process payments for goods and services. Express Invoice also includes a number of standard reports such as unpaid accounts, payments, salesperson, accounting and billing reports and more.
What's new in this version: General updates and bug fixes.
More Products to Consider
- Take an open-source approach to office productivity.
- Keep full track of inventory, from purchasing to sales with rep...
- Convert PDF files to Microsoft Word format.
- Open, edit, and save files using the new file formats in 2007 v...
- View, navigate, and print PDF files.
- Convert JPG, BMP, TIFF, PNG images to PDF files.
- Create invoices and manage products, customer, and payments.
- Get a comprehensive library of 4500 sample business letters and...
- Create invoices/credit notes and track customers who are reluct...
- Simplify invoicing, inventory, purchase orders, and billing nee...
- Prepare any business documents from 6000 professionally written...
- Keep records of payments, invoicing, returns, and more.
- Create and share content with the help of a comprehensive set o...
- Manage your business accounting and billing information.
- Automate your business administration routine.
- Track and report incoming and outgoing cash flow.
- Transform PDF documents to Excel documents.
- Create, encrypt, and merge PDF files.
- Manage your invoices and reports with PDF support.
- Create invoices, quotes and cashbooks for the small business.
- Keep track of how you use your PC.
- Track and report incoming and outgoing cash flow including sale...
- Create professional invoices, credit notes, and quotations on y...
- Render PDF files within applications that support the print fun...
All versions:3.2 stars
out of 58 votes
Current version:1.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Possible Malware - Very Concerned About This Software"
Version: Express Invoice Professional 3.87
Seemed Easy To Use Albeit With A Few Bugs
Software also downloaded around 12 additional software packages - despite my preferences not to.
I am extremely concerned about privacy issues with this software - on visiting their website, they already had my email address! Despite me specifically NOT entering my email address anywhere (even on this download site) I am very concerned that my internet connection is now active every time I use my keyboard - as if everything I type is being uploaded to the internet - very very unusual files installed for such a simple application - I now have multiple additional services running on my machine which were not there before.
For crying out loud , if they had provided a simple app I may have continued to use and purchase - but now I have to spend hours stripping their additional software and services out of my system - considering my concerns, and the fact that this software offers you the ability to record customer credit card details - this is a great concern.
I Would NOT recommend this software and would certainly not recommend installing this software onto a machine with sensitive financial and/or personal information on it.