A newer version of Evernote is available.Or, Learn More About Evernote
Full user review
"Lost my entire Note; not very user friendly(iPhone app)"
As many have stated: Auto upload and sync.
Various fonts and formats and indents
Embed audio and pictures
I lost my ENTIRE note and it synced it so I lost it EVERYWHERE. Scenario: I had a long note in edit mode and did not tap "Done" and switched apps . I went back to Evernote app after couple of days note was still open (perfect!) and I tapped "Done". It saved AND... the note was GONE... empty.. All gone.. except the title... and I saw it sync the very next second (I almost tried to reach in to make it stop... but there is no way to stop it)... it was gone from everywhere...
Bad design by Evernote ... not having considered all use cases.
Bottom line issues that I had been noting was it was not as user friendly as apps these days are:
- Too many taps to edit - While I am reading my note - I cannot tap in the middle of the screen to start editing there. I have tap on the icon and it takes me to the top!!
- Does not auto-save when you switch app. Have to tap on Done.
- And worst of all it lost the entire note (not just my edit) on reopening the app after a couple of days... unacceptable!
Evernote lost my entire valuable info in the note I took... not acceptable. I am now not sure what other corner cases the design team has missed... hence I am out of Evernote for losing my note .... don't want it happen again to my valuable information.
some more cons:
- Also, once you start recording audio (say... accidentally) - it does not allow to pause/cancel.
- Attachments (impages) show up in the middle of note and cannot be moved - there should be an attachment tab and all attachments should be viewable there (optionally)
- Hard to move the attachments around the note
2 Stars due to some pros, but it deserves a 1 for losing the note and not having auto-saving feature.
May consider if they can make the app more user friendly and ensure in no scenario they lose the information entered and perhaps provide one or more old versions rollback option locally or on the server.
Sorry for the long review... as you can tell... I can write long notes :) and anyone would hate to lose it entirely.