CNET Editors' note: The "Download Now" link directs you to the Android Market where you must continue the download process. This download may not be available in some countries.
CNET Editors' review
Now that Evernote Food is on Android, you can join your iOS friends in taking pictures of your meals, the restaurants where you eat them, and the people you are with, and saving it all on your Evernote account.
To get started with Evernote Food, you first have to log in with your Evernote account. If you don't have one, it's free and works across all of Evernote's products. Next, hit the "+" button up top to pull up the New Meal screen, where you can add pictures (as many as you like), captions, tags, location (powered by Foursquare), and other pertinent information about your meal. The app can even help you out if you leave your title field blank by generating a title based on the time of day and location of your meal. Once you're done, your meal note will go right into your Meal List, which you can search through by keyword, location, and more.
Because Evernote Food is part of the Evernote family, everything you save is automatically synced across all of the other Evernote mobile apps that you use. You can also access your Food notes through your Evernote account on the Web. One nice feature that takes advantage of this seamless connection is Related Notes. At the bottom of every meal screen, the app shows you other notes in your Evernote account that it thinks are related based on location, time, or other factors.
Thanks to Android's robust, built-in sharing menu, you can use Evernote Food to send meal details to friends using pretty much any other social app you have installed. The app sends a unique URL, so any of your friends (Evernote users or not) can see a beautifully laid-out Web page with all of your meal details as well as the gallery of pictures you uploaded. This is a nice touch that I can see a lot of foodies taking advantage of.
So far, I'm impressed with Evernote Food for Android. It's easy to use, runs smoothly, and looks attractive with its use of the slick Android Action Bar up top. Also, its powerful meal-sharing tool is something that I can see catching on. Whether you eat out a lot or cook at home, if you love keeping track of your meals, Evernote Food is a must-have.
Evernote Food lets you capture, share and relive your memorable meals. Whether you're eating at home, at a restaurant, or embarking on a culinary adventure, use Evernote Food to remember all of your delicious experiences. Use Evernote Food to: - Remember the food and meals you love. - Snap and organize photos of your food, setting and fellow diners to make a beautiful photo essay of your meals. - Add a title, your location, tags, captions and additional notes about the experience. - Select or search for places, powered by Foursquare- Share meals with family and friends on Twitter and Facebook, or via old fashioned email. - See related content from your Evernote account right inside the Evernote Food app. - Browse through your meals or search for specific ones. - Automatically sync to your Evernote account, where you can access your meal notes from any computer or mobile device. Here are a few ideas to get you started: - Capture each course of your meals, along with photos of family and friends. - Document each step while preparing your favorite recipes. - Record interesting ingredients, product labels, wines, menus and recipes you come across. - Save food-related experiences while you're traveling and tasting new delicacies. - Track your food intake for fitness and dieting. Learn more: http://evernote.com/food/Follow Evernote Food on Twitter: twitter.com/evernote:AndroidRecent changes:- Improved sync- More robust tag and title options- Improved save and continue operations when the app is taken to the backgroundAnd don't forget to tap the options menu/overflow menu for options to attach images from your gallery, share meals, sync, and more.Content rating: Low Maturity
What's new in this version: - Improved sync- More robust tag and title options- Improved save and continue operations when the app is taken to the backgroundAnd don't forget to tap the options menu/overflow menu for options to attach images from your gallery, share meals, sync, and more.
More Products to Consider
- Watch and record online TV Channels and listen to radio station...
- Understand your life events through astrology.
- Create, play, and print tablature scores.
- Play virtual piano with your computer's keyboard.
- Provide on-screen piano, synthesizer and MIDI controller for yo...
- Download and convert videos from any Web site.
- Play this guitar with your computer keyboard.
- View thousands of online TV shows, streaming channels, videos, ...
- Convert FLV files into popular video and audio formats, and vic...
- Download free music directly from your desktop.
- Download video from YouTube fast and easily.
- Tune up acoustic and electric guitars.
- Find and play Internet video.
- Watch DStv Mobile's or GOtv Mobile's DVB-H mobile television br...
- Play and record MIDI files with a piano simulation.
- Convert RM to MP3, MPEG to MP3, and other video to audio format...
- Analyze you and your partner inherent characteristics to judge ...
- Learn how to play and practice playing on fretted instruments.
- Use your photo images to show you what makeup and hair style an...
- Get professional statistics reporting for your cricket club, te...
- Manage leagues of various kinds of sports.
- Create and check your personal lottery number selections.
- Watch real strippers stripping directly on your computer taskba...
- Improve your music skills by playing songs while staying in tun...
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content