E.M.P.U. (pronounced 'eh-mm-p-you' ) stands for Enhanced Multilingual Programming Utility. Basically E.M.P.U. is a lightweight text editor with many of the features of an IDE. E.M.P.U. features custom build commands for each file type, unique commands for each individual project, and regular expression support for parsing compiler errors. Project configuration files are very small. E.M.P.U. also features a project merge system to easily update projects to a new version.
Features include Syntax highlighting for 70 programming languages; Spell checking; Line Numbering; Auto-completion; Column and long line indicators; Smart Indentation; Brace Matching; Zooming; Building, compiling, and execution of code; Lightweight configuration files; Full build customization; Fast loading; Project merge system.
What's new in this version:
- Major speed, efficiency, and accuracy updates to spell checking
- Menu project icon changed
- Improvements to auto-completion speed and accuracy
- Confirmation messages added for spell check operations
- Memory usage dramatically reduced
- Added default encoding option of UTF-8 No BOM
- Added spell check detection of first letter capitalization
- Fixed ol... See all new features »