CNET Editors' review
Some people can get by with writing notes to themselves on scraps of paper, but others need a way of keeping track of their to-do lists that offers a little more organization and structure. Efficient To-Do List Free is a simple, attractive way to stay on top of all of your tasks, from appointments and meetings to long-term projects.
The program's interface is attractive and well-designed, reminding us a lot of newer versions of Microsoft Outlook. It's easy to create new tasks, and users can specify start dates, due dates, priority levels, and recurrence. For tasks that are ongoing, users can mark the status (not started, in progress, and so on) and what percentage of the task is complete. You can minimize the program to the taskbar, keeping it out of the way but easily accessible; this way users can keep the program running and receive its reminders when a task is coming up. Although the program doesn't seem to have any features that would allow it to sync with other instances of itself or other to-do list utilities, users can export their tasks as either CSV or HTML files, making them somewhat portable. The built-in Help file is brief but adequate. Overall, Efficient To-Do List didn't totally knock our socks off, but we think it's a nice way to manage to-do lists without a lot of fuss.
Efficient To-Do List Free installs and uninstalls without issues. We recommend this program to all users.
Efficient To-Do List Free is a handy task management software package. By specifying the priorities or order of to-dos (tasks) or specifying different colors for different task labels, Efficient To-Do List Free assist you in "First Things First" principle. It reminds you before a task starts or is due, helps you resist the temptation to "drag on" and brings you the sense of on-time job accomplishment. Features include unlimited number of tasks management, recycle bin support, import and export, information safety safeguards: password protection and encrypted information storage, multiple interface styles, task reminder, setting priority for tasks, and backup and restore support.
More Products to Consider
- Create printable calendars with saved activities in MS Word and...
- Take notes and stick them to your desktop.
- Manage your email, time and calendar.
This download is served from an external siteclose
NOTICE: This link will open a connection to a third-party site. CNET cannot ensure the security of software that is hosted on external sites.Sponsored Products
- Create Post-it notes, bookmark websites, send/receive notes, se...
- Split and merge PDF documents.
- Create and manage various events and to-do list on your desktop...
- Schedule, plan, and remind yourself of important events.
- Organize tasks, task lists, notes, and reminders in hierarchica...
- Organize your time with proactive time tracker working like a p...
- Organize your life, manage contacts, create to do list, and be ...
- Schedule and manage employees, customers, rooms, and equipment ...
- Create amortization schedule in Excel for fixed-rate loan.
- Calculate the annual percent rate on your loan.
- Create sticky notes on your desktop.
- Build, save, share, and print arbitrary mind maps.
- Create and manage personal todo list and shared task list for y...
- Catch up with your daily events and meeting schedules.
- Track your important events and get reminders of them.
- Transfer content between Android, iPhone, and Symbian phones.
- Schedule programs, scripts, and other tasks to start automatica...
- Create and organize sticky notes and reminders on your desktop.
- Use the information provided easier, using less time.
- Calculate your auto loan using variable rates, taxes, and other...
- Incorporate images and formatted text into your daily diary.
All versions:2.9 stars
out of 7 votes
Current version:2.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Limitations on the free version, misleading labelling"
Version: Efficient To-Do List Free 3.10 Build 323
Easy to understand and set up
No way to categorize to-dos and they don't sort right without dates
This isn't going to work for me because I can't categorize things. But the biggest problem I have is with the misleading way the program is described here. I was looking for a free program, not a "free to try," so I filtered the search results for that; this one showed up so I decided to try it. But when I started using it I discovered that a lot of what I wanted to do - like establish categories - was available only in a "Pro" version, which is accessible from this one *but isn't free.*
Now I'm back looking for something else, but this time I forgot to filter for "free" and noticed the Pro version *listed separately* a couple of places down from the free one. I don't know who set this up, the developer or CNET, but these 2 versions should have been in one listing with the "price" field describing the difference, just like other listings. That would have made it easier for people to make an informed decision about whether to try this program. I probably wouldn't have. More wasted bandwidth...
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content