CNET Editors' review
If you've ever drawn a circle around an idea and then linked it to a bunch of other circles with related ideas, you've created a mind map, which is actually a catch-all term for a wide range of diagrams, charts, and graphical representations that you can use to conceptualize everything from a dinner party to a billion-dollar project. Edraw Mind Map's templates and examples make it easy to create high-quality mind maps and similar diagrams suitable for any use. It's free for noncommercial and home users.
Edraw Mind Map's interface takes its visual clues from Office rather than the Explorer-style layout that is typical of modern graphics app, and it gives Edraw a familiar feel. We could quickly change the layout's color via the Style button. The main window displayed a Getting Started page with all the available templates categorized under Mind Map, Clip Art, and More Templates. The free version provides one Template, a Mind Mapping Diagram, but many Examples to go with it, including Decision Making, Life Planner, Marketing Strategy, and even PEST Analysis. We could also choose US, Metric, or Custom units when creating a new map. We chose a Decision Making template, which opened with a finished diagram populated with Process Steps we could click to configure and a left-hand Libraries panel offering a wide variety of Symbols, Mind Shapes, and Clip Art to choose from, plus the ability to add more from our system. We made good use of the Dynamic Help button on the right side of the interface. Holding our cursor over it produced an expanding panel with a detailed explanation of whatever step or process we were dealing with. Edraw has all the little touches of a well-configured tool, such as the spectrally arranged color buttons along the bottom edge for superfast changes.
Right-clicking any element in our map brought up a menu configuring everything from its Shape and Geometry to its Topics, Groupings, and Hyperlinks. While we found Edraw very easy to use at every stage, there is a lot to this tool, and it takes some time to learn all its features. But Edraw Mind Map is well worth the effort.
Edraw Mind Map is a vector-based mind mapping software with rich examples and templates which make it easy to create mind maps, brain-storming diagrams, project timeline, life planner, SWOT analysis and sketch maps. Through Edraw mind mapping software, you can visualize your thinking and quickly arrange and organize your work, all to benefit you as well as people around you. It features smart drawing guide can layout the mind map shapes automatically, lots of high-quality topics, examples and templates, supports big size mind map. Support extend page and collapse topics, supports multiple page Mind Map document, creates professional-looking mind maps quickly with themes, effects and quick styles, gain greater productivity in mapping with features like automatically aligns and add multiple topics one time, integrated with Microsoft Office application and easy to share, and generics graphic formats support and WYSIWYG printing.
What's new in this version: Version 6.5 has improved the dimension symbols and fixed the Visio import error.
More Products to Consider
- Create printable calendars with saved activities in Microsoft W...
- Take notes and stick them to your desktop.
- Manage your email, time and calendar.
This download is served from an external siteclose
NOTICE: This link will open a connection to a third-party site. CNET cannot ensure the security of software that is hosted on external sites.Sponsored Products
- Create Post-it notes, bookmark Web sites, send/receive notes, s...
- Split and merge PDF documents.
- Create and manage various events and to-do list on your desktop...
- Schedule, plan, and remind yourself of important events.
- Organize tasks, task lists, notes, and reminders in hierarchica...
- Organize your time with proactive time tracker working like a p...
- Organize your life, manage contacts, create to do list, and be ...
- Schedule and manage employees, customers, rooms, and equipment ...
- Create amortization schedule in Excel for fixed-rate loan.
- Calculate the annual percent rate on your loan.
- Create sticky notes on your desktop.
- Build, save, share, and print arbitrary mind maps.
- Create and manage personal todo list and shared task list for y...
- Catch up with your daily events and meeting schedules.
- Track your important events and get reminders of them.
- Transfer content between Android, iPhone, and Symbian phones.
- Schedule programs, scripts, and other tasks to start automatica...
- Share your screen with another user quickly and easily.
- Create and organize sticky notes and reminders on your desktop.
- Use the information provided easier, using less time.
- Meet online, share your screen and video conference with anyone...
All versions:3.8 stars
out of 22 votes
Current version:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"easy and smart mind map tool"
Version: Edraw Mind Map 6.5
If you need to draw mind maps quickly and easily, download edraw mind map software for free and you'll be surprised how rapidly you'll be able to print or email a professional-looking mind map. If you need to do more than mind map, it has you covered - it also lets you draw basic flowchart and block diagram. The most important thing, it's complete free.
The software is easy to use. The add multiple topics tool is great for me to create mind map from exist word document.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content