EchoLink for iPhone provides access to the EchoLink network for validated EchoLink users. You can use this app to connect to the EchoLink system from almost anywhere, using either an iPhone or an iPod touch. (For an iPod touch, you will need to plug in earphones with a microphone for full two-way capability.) iPhone users can use either a WiFi or 3G (cellular) Internet connection.
Before running the app, you must be a registered user with a callsign and password that has already been validated. If you are not already validated for EchoLink, please see www.echolink.org for information on how to download and install the Windows edition first, or EchoMac if you are running MacOS instead of Windows. Please also see the iPhone FAQ at www.echolink.org.
If you are interested in becoming a licensed Amateur Radio operator, see www.arrl.org for more information.
Please note that this application uses streaming audio, which cellular providers in some countries may treat as VoIP. Please check the terms of your cellular provider agreement for information about additional fees your provider might charge for VoIP usage.
EchoLink is a registered U.S. trademark of Synergenics, LLC.
What's new in this version:
* Smoother handling of intermittent network connectivity
* Fixed stability problem when sorting Favorites list
* Using built-in speaker on iPod touch when headphones not connected; Transmit button disabled when no microphone is connected
* Proper handling of audio when interrupted by incoming phone call
* Badge on Text icon indicates incoming text message(s)
* Optional sound cues for end-of-rx and text message
* Support for custom proxy configurations