CNET Editors' reviewHampered by interface issues and modest functionality, this text-to-speech editor falls squarely in the middle of the pack. Easy Talking Notepad reads text using one of a dozen supplied voices. You can change the speed and pitch of the voice and save audio in WAV or MP3 files. The program includes a built-in browser and a talking alarm clock, but the interface is neither attractive nor handy. You can select text in any document and press Ctrl C to have it read aloud; however, with this option enabled, the program spells everything you type. Easy Talking Notepad also lacks controls for skipping to the next sentence or paragraph. It's slightly better than many of its three-star competitors, but it's certainly not worth $24.95.
From Softdiv Software:
Easy Talking Notepad enhances the ability of your PC to talk and read your e-mail, documents, or news in one of its many voices and convert files into WAV or MP3. Easy Talking Notepad combines the power of Notepad and a speech program and offers a large number of features, including converting text files to MP3 or WAV, real-time speech, scheduling, and document and text reading. Easy Talking Notepad supports AT&T Labs' Natural Voices fonts so you can add more voices from time to time. The intuitive interface makes Easy Talking Notepad the perfect tool for both new and experienced users. Besides play, stop and pause, it also lets users increase the speed and pitch of the speech. Context (right-click) conversions are also supported.
Version 3.0 supports multiple e-mail accounts and fixes some bugs.
More Products to Consider
- Play video and audio files, convert to other file formats, burn...
- Convert CDs to MP3, WMA, WAV, OGG, FLAC formats, convert audio ...
- Mix, scratch, and remix MP3 or music videos live.
- Create, edit, burn, mount, and encrypt CD, DVD, and BD image fi...
- Convert DVD movies to all the popular video or audio formats wi...
- Let your computer read and translate any selected text for you.
- Rip audio CDs, convert music, and burn discs easily.
- Choose your reader's voice and have Web pages read aloud to you...
- Get fast and flexible digital-media playback with access to sma...
- Have your computer read any English words with the right pronun...
- Convert M4A/AAC into MP3/WAV format.
- Manage your music and movie libraries on your PC, iPod or iPhon...
- Listen to a male or female voice read Web pages to you.
- Cut desired parts from your MP3 files.
- Create a new RSS feed from several others.
- Decipher 1D barcodes from a Webcam or image files.
- Copy DVD to iPod, iPhone, 3GP, PSP, Zune, HD TV, AVI, Divx, Xvi...
- Have your text read through voice.
- Record, edit, convert, analyze, and restore sound files.
- Edit your digital audio files on your Windows PC.
- Find and filter feeds, deliver RSS content to your desktop.
- Download, read, and manage various daily comics.
- Run a virtual mixing console for MP3, WAV, and Karaoke (MP3+G) ...
- Let your computer read out Word documents, Outlook e-mails, and...
All versions:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1