CNET Editors' review
One of the best things about Microsoft's Excel is its expandability; there's an add-in for practically every task. Office Expander's EZplot brings sophisticated plotting and data calculation to the Excel interface. It defines plots based on parameter names, so tedious manual data entry is a thing of the past. It can create more than 50 plots in seconds, and it adds formulas for 2D and 3D interpolation and polynomial capability. The add-in bundles the developer's Contour Plot and Multy_Y programs as well as other tools. The plots created with EZplot can be viewed in any edition of Excel, not just those with EZplot installed.
EZplot's Simple Plotting Example sheet includes links to more setup information for specific editions of Excel, such as enabling access to the Trusted Visual Project. The EZplot button appears on Excel's file menu when the add-in is properly installed; clicking it calls up control dialog functions such as creating, importing, and exporting sheets. Tabs give quick access to handy example sheets as well as the setup information and explanations of the various functions. A PowerPoint-based manual complements an excellent online training video that you can download and use separately. The program advises users that "right-clicking accesses everything," as it adds access to EZplot's basic functions to Excel's right-click menu. We quickly created several simple charts with EZplot, Contour Plot, and Multy_Y (at least two charts are required for Multy_Y). Though we hardly stressed its capabilities, EZplot impressed us with its ease of use, which is one of its main goals. The charts it creates are clear and customizable. A nice touch was a single button for loading and unloading the add-in, which simplifies keeping EZplot up to date.
Apparently, the Multy_Y capability doesn't work in Excel 2007; it worked fine in Excel 2000 and 2003, though. If you need advanced plotting capabilities in Excel and want them fast and easy to use, too, EZplot is up to the task.
Editors' note: This is a review of the full version of EZplot 1.01. The trial version is limited to three days.
From Office Expander:
EZplot is a plotting and data calculation tool that works right inside Microsoft Excel. EZplot enhances Microsoft Excel with the ability to create and update over 50 plots in seconds. Microsoft Excel users no longer need to manually select data, since EZplot uses parameter names instead. EZplot also extends Microsoft Excel capabilities with Multiple Y axes and real contour plots.
What's new in this version: Version 1.01 works with all versions of Office software 2000 and newer.
More Products to Consider
- View, navigate, and print PDF files.
- Take an open-source approach to office productivity.
- Convert PDF files to Microsoft Word format.
- Create and share content with the help of a comprehensive set o...
- Open, edit, and save files using the new file formats in 2007 v...
- Convert JPG, BMP, TIFF, PNG images to PDF files.
- Create multiple Y axes plots out of existing Microsoft Excel ch...
- Get a comprehensive library of 4500 sample business letters and...
- Prepare any business documents from 6000 professionally written...
- Transform PDF documents to Excel documents.
- Create, encrypt, and merge PDF files.
- Keep track of how you use your PC.
- Render PDF files within applications that support the print fun...
- Develop your own custom solutions visualizing various data.
- Create, manage, and collaborate with others on presentations.
- Create, read, edit and share word, spreadsheets and presentatio...
- Recognize text from images using the open source Tesseract OCR ...
- Create computer software without using any computer languages.
- Get the vba cubic_spline function for Microsoft Excel.
- Enhance Find and Replace feature of your MS Excel.
- Create, embed, and animate true 3D and 4D graphs and charts in ...
- Convert Word, RTF, and TXT files into PDF documents.
- Add a navigation panel to your applications.
- Search and replace words and data in Excel documents.
All versions:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Really useful software for Excel plots"
Version: EZplot For Excel 1.01
Works very simply to create plots (excel plots, multiple Y axes plots, and contour plots) using parameter names for data. Really neat that is writes-back changes you make to a chart for plotting script (ezplot sheet).
None really. Its too bad Microsoft didn't develop its software like this.
Great software for those of us already familiar with Excel, but just want it to be really useful and powerful.