CNET Editors' review
Dr. Regener Sun-Moon-Calendar provides an all-inclusive view at what's happening on your calendar and in the sky above. Simple and easy to use, this is a great tool for anyone interested in the sun and moon.
We were initially disappointed this program had no Help file, but were immediately put at ease since the program's interface is laid out in a logical, navigable, and professional manner. All the major components were laid out in a way that even astronomical novices like us could understand. The actual calendar was a small part of the program, while a chart showing how high the sun and moon would be at various times of the day was the biggest display. Various clock faces showing when the moon and sun will rise and set were also easy for us to comprehend. We were confident these would be accurate because we chose our country and city from the program's massive list of locations. The program also provided us with some great features, such as monthly charts showing how full the moon will look. At no time did we feel overwhelmed by this program; rather, it gave newcomers like us a stronger sense of how the sun and moon operate.
The program's description claims the calendar's trial is limited to 2008, but ours read 2009. The program installs desktop icons without permission and leaves behind folders after uninstall. We recommend this program, with its simplicity and helpful information.
From GPSur Dr. Erhard Regener:
Dr. Regener Sun-Moon-Calendar calculates the sets, rises and phases of the sun and moon. It covers over 2000 locations in 110 countries. The program includes signs of the Zodiac, Saint's days, and days of Eclastical year, the moon in the Ecliptic, a graphical overview of the moons brightness, and time zone information and comparison. Other features include absolute local accuracy by management of own locations, pretty daily graphic, easy navigation and additional search functions, scientific calculation methods that involve even the influence of the moons distance, and the ability to print your own professional reports - monthly list, yearly overview.
What's new in this version: Version 9.0 is Windows Vista compatible.
More Products to Consider
- Create printable calendars with saved activities in Microsoft W...
- Take notes and stick them to your desktop.
- Calculate moon phases of any particular day.
- Manage your email, time and calendar.
- Create Post-it notes, bookmark Web sites, send/receive notes, s...
- Split and merge PDF documents.
- Calculate and analyze information for biorhythms in the past, p...
- Create and manage various events and to-do list on your desktop...
- Get a clock that shows your horoscope.
- Schedule, plan, and remind yourself of important events.
- Organize your life, manage contacts, create to do list, and be ...
- Study the moon and its phases.
- Create amortization schedule in Excel for fixed-rate loan.
- See the moon correctly positioned in relation to the Earth and ...
- Find out your communication sign on the base of Mercury placeme...
- Build, save, share, and print arbitrary mind maps.
- Find out your mothering sign on the base of Ceres placement in ...
- Catch up with your daily events and meeting schedules.
- Simulate the night sky on your display and control telescope co...
- Transfer content between Android, iPhone, and Symbian phones.
- View a realistic model of the moon in it's current phase.
- Find out your power sign on the base of Pluto placement in your...
- Create and organize sticky notes and reminders on your desktop.
- Display the phase of the moon, stars, and customized message on...