CNET Editors' review
Dr. Regener Sun-Moon-Calendar provides an all-inclusive view at what's happening on your calendar and in the sky above. Simple and easy to use, this is a great tool for anyone interested in the sun and moon.
We were initially disappointed this program had no Help file, but were immediately put at ease since the program's interface is laid out in a logical, navigable, and professional manner. All the major components were laid out in a way that even astronomical novices like us could understand. The actual calendar was a small part of the program, while a chart showing how high the sun and moon would be at various times of the day was the biggest display. Various clock faces showing when the moon and sun will rise and set were also easy for us to comprehend. We were confident these would be accurate because we chose our country and city from the program's massive list of locations. The program also provided us with some great features, such as monthly charts showing how full the moon will look. At no time did we feel overwhelmed by this program; rather, it gave newcomers like us a stronger sense of how the sun and moon operate.
The program's description claims the calendar's trial is limited to 2008, but ours read 2009. The program installs desktop icons without permission and leaves behind folders after uninstall. We recommend this program, with its simplicity and helpful information.
From GPSur Dr. Erhard Regener:
Dr. Regener Sun-Moon-Calendar calculates the sets, rises and phases of the sun and moon. It covers over 2000 locations in 110 countries. The program includes signs of the Zodiac, Saint's days, and days of Eclastical year, the moon in the Ecliptic, a graphical overview of the moons brightness, and time zone information and comparison. Other features include absolute local accuracy by management of own locations, pretty daily graphic, easy navigation and additional search functions, scientific calculation methods that involve even the influence of the moons distance, and the ability to print your own professional reports - monthly list, yearly overview.
What's new in this version: Version 9.0 is Windows Vista compatible.
More Products to Consider
- Create printable calendars with saved activities in MS Word and...
- Take notes and stick them to your desktop.
- Manage your email, time and calendar.
- Create Post-it notes, bookmark websites, send/receive notes, se...
- Split and merge PDF documents.
- Create and manage various events and to-do list on your desktop...
- Schedule, plan, and remind yourself of important events.
- Organize tasks, task lists, notes, and reminders in hierarchica...
- Organize your time with proactive time tracker working like a p...
- Organize your life, manage contacts, create to do list, and be ...
- Install new extensions and manage the ones you already have.
- Schedule and manage employees, customers, rooms, and equipment ...
- Calculate moon phases of any particular day.
- View satellite pictures, maps, terrain, buildings and other glo...
- Create amortization schedule in Excel for fixed-rate loan.
- Calculate the annual percent rate on your loan.
- Archive files in different formats and manage them.
- Build, save, share, and print arbitrary mind maps.
- Create sticky notes on your desktop.
- Zip and unzip files, protect them by encryption, connect to clo...
- Compare two tyres side-by-side, selecting tyre width and rim.
- Create and manage personal todo list and shared task list for y...
- Catch up with your daily events and meeting schedules.
- Try the faster browser that lets you get the most from today's ...