The Download App is a free application from Download.com that helps keep the software on your Windows computer up-to-date, as well as clean up the junk that accumulates on your system over time. Using the software catalog that powers Download.com, the Download App provides secure, spyware-free software updates, and makes it easy to keep track of all your software updates in one place. The Download App scans your computer and notifies you when updates are available for the software you have installed. Software updates contain new features and patches that make your computer more secure. You can also use the Download App to remove unwanted software from your computer using the Uninstall feature, and clean up the junk files that might be slowing your computer down using the Utilities features.
NOTE: The Download App is the newest evolution of the CNET service previously known as TechTracker. CNET TechTracker has been shut down in favor of this new application with improved software matching and additional system maintenance features. Existing TechTracker users will need to update to the Download App to continue to receive software update information from Download.com.
What's new in this version:
- Software list now shows the installed version and available update version
- Added 'Stop Scan' button to the scanning view
- Added message to alert user to pending scan after updates
- Split the application into two executables to reduce system resource usage
- Improved scan scheduling system
- Improved error messaging for connectivity issues
- Several minor bug fixes and feature improvements