From Interstudio S.r.l.:
Domus.Cad is an architectural 3D CAD program. It is a tool for the design and modeling of architecture, interor, landscape, and urban spaces. With Domus.Cad you can immediately begin to create three-dimensional elements without needing to start from a two-dimensional plan. Elements such as walls, floors, roofs, and stairs are created from the onset in their full three-dimensional form. Program Characteristics:
- interactive architectural design and walkthroughs in real time!
- 6 user graphic interface themes
- supports plug-in renderers
- 3d extrusions from any polygon
- 3D piping
- 3d rotational surfaces and volumes from any polygon
- 3d regulars volumes and surfaces
- fill tiles for creating personalized fills, importing textures, and performing easy cost/quantity estimates
- internal multiple-sheet paging with preview function
- internal driver for direct plotting. Plots PICTs, Bitmap fills, and Macintosh fonts
- direct plotting on HP-GL/2
- imports in Copy and Paste, PICT, DXF 2D, DXF 3D, DWG and Art*lantis formats
- exports in Copy and Paste, PICT, QuickDraw 3D MetaFile, DXF 2D, DXF 3D, DWG, Art*lantis and AREF formats (AREF format allows exchange of data with other Interstudio programs)
- automatic fusion of walls and other 3D elements
- automatically generated sections, elevations, axons, and perspectives that can be modified directly inside the program.
- generate Demolition/Construction Overlay
- L, U, Z and spiral stairs generation
- automatically generated dimensions
- ability to organize elements by names, categories, and sets
- ability to convert 3D elements to segments
- expandable entourage libraries
- programmable in C and C++
What's new in this version:
- Apply Object. It allows to apply a library object to selected elements, like a Window frame to windows elements.
- Multiple Undo/Redo
- The scissor cuts the objects
- New PictRot plug-in allows to change colors, resolution, transparence and to rotate pictures.
- Rotated objects can be deformed on there original axis
- Background layer
- Rule icon
- Automatic naming and parameters for layers
- New functions to change the order of the... See all new features
More Products to Consider
- Create 3D models and upload them to Google Earth.
- Create, visualize, document, and share your CAD projects.
- Print to PDF from Windows applications and optimize the PDF out...
- Open, view, and print any PDF file.
- View and measure AutoCAD DWG, DXF, and DWF drawings, save views...
- Transform any printable document into PDF format.
- Simplify design process and gain better control over placement ...
- Open, view, and convert Adobe PDF files.
- Create advanced 3D graphics, animations, and dynamic broadcast ...
- Convert PDF documents to JPEG, BMP, PNG, and TIFF files easily.
- Open, view, edit, and save PDF files without Adobe Acrobat.
- Print, e-mail, and save your T-shirts designs all from your des...
- Convert PDF to Word file format.
- Convert XPS to PDF and PDF to XPS format.
- View group(s) of selected contacts.
- Foreign language translation dictionaries.
- Spanish verb conjugator, dictionary, quizzer and grammar guide.
- FUSE file system support for OS X.
- Open, view, and convert Adobe PDF files.
- Searching and dictionary lookup Utility.
- Convert DWG to PDF or convert PDF to DWG as you wish without th...
- Search synonyms and check spelling of English words.
- Scheduling calendar & PIM app.
All versions:4.0 stars
out of 2 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
"Easy to use and learn, cheap ArchiCad for 1/4 the price"
Version: Domus.Cad 15.0.3
It operates the way my architect's brain operates with walls and spaces not cubes that you push and pull. It has parametric 3D moderling, easy to produce your own content, associative dimensions. Good 3D rendering, export to Artlantis or Cheetah 3D
Not as powerful as ArchiCAD or Vectorworks but at the price I will forgive it.
Something has to suffer at this price, mainly the manual, which is added as each version is released, needs consolidating.
Window reveals types are too restrictive.
Really easy to use and understand.
Very easy layer system especially if you are used to AutoCAD type clumsy system.
Very easy to manufacture your own parametric 3D components like windows/doors.
It can easily adapt to non-conformist geometry in walls which most parametric modelers baulk at.
Overall an exceptionally good package for the price.
.80-90% functionality of Archicad for 1/4 the price is a good buy.
Excellent support via e-mail
Version: Domus.Cad 14.1.2