CNET Editors' review
Handling many popular file formats, DivX Plus for Mac is the latest DivX player for the Mac platform. With its editing and conversion options as well, we found it to be a great potential addition to any user's Mac toolbox.
As you would expect, DivX Plus for Mac handles DivX format video files, as well as MKV and AVI files. This latest version of the player also allows for conversion from MP4 format, so you can format existing video files for use on the iPhone and iPad. You can also use DivX Plus for Mac as a streaming platform to any DLNA-compatible device. (For those who need it, for an extra cost there's even a plug-in that converts MPEG2 files.) We tested DivX Plus for Mac on a MacBook Pro and it handled all the video files we threw at it. It was able to quickly convert our AVI and DivX files to MP4, which we played with no trouble on our iPad. While there are a lot of settings available for conversions, we found the default setting worked fine for us. Some neat extras are the options to combine multiple files into a larger file and to add subtitles and additional audio tracks using the built-in editor.
DivX Plus for Mac is a must-have for anyone with DivX video files, but even if you have only MKV or AVI files, DivX Plus for Mac can convert them cleanly for your mobile iOS device. We had zero problems with DivX Plus for Mac in our testing, and managed to move files back and forth between all our Apple devices with ease. The interface is clean and easy to use, and the software worked perfectly. What more could you want?
DivX includes everything you need to play, create, and stream all the most popular digital video formats. Use Converter to create DivX, AVI, MKV, and MP4 videos. Watch video in Player or Web Player with subs, audio tracks, etc. Use Codec Pack to play/create DivX video with 3rd party players and editing tools. DivX 10 includes everything you need for a high-quality digital video experience including Converter, Player, Web Player and Codec Pack. DivX Player is a video player that provides phenomenal playback performance for the most popular video files on the Internet, including new DivX HEVC video up to 1080p. Transfer videos to a DivX Certified TV, tablet or mobile phone, and stream your video collection to any DLNA-compatible device with the DivX Player.
DivX Web Player is a video player plug-in that efficiently streams HD video (even MKV) in your browser, with 5.1 surround audio, subtitles, chapters, multiple audio tracks, progressive playback and download. Web Player supports DivX DRM and is used by KnowHowMovies and Sainsbury's. DivX Converter is a video converter that turns video files into high-quality DivX video (.avi, .divx, .mkv) for playback on any computer or more than one billion DivX devices. Create DivX HEVC video up to 1080p, DivX Plus (H.264) video up to 4K and DivX (MPEG-4) video up to 1080p, along with MP4s for your iPhone and iPad.
DivX Codec Pack contains all of the codecs, filters, and splitters needed to power the DivX video experience on your computer. Also allows you to watch DivX video in third-party software video players. The DivX Codec Pack now includes free DXVA hardware acceleration for H.264 video. HEVC Plug-in is an optional, free plug-in to let you create, play and stream DivX HEVC video in DivX Converter, DivX Player and DivX Web Player. During installation, remember to check the box to "enable DivX HEVC Plug-in." Without the plug-in, your DivX software will not be able to support DivX HEVC.
What's new in this version:
- New DivX HEVC Ultra HD (4K) profile
- Updated DivX HEVC encoder and decoder optimized for speed and quality
- Added AviSynth support in DivX Converter
- Added experimental DLNA Controller and HEVC adaptive streaming
More Products to Consider
- Play nearly any audio or video file without additional codecs.
- Play, import, convert and export Windows Media video and audio ...
- Universal, highly tweakable DVD/video ripper and converter.
- Manage your music and movie libraries on your Mac, iPod, iPhone...
- Convert MPC, APE, WV, FLAC, OGG, WMA, AIFF, WAV and Video to MP...
- Download videos and transfer to mobile devices.
- AVI, DIVX, MPEG, WMV, xVID VCD, SVCD video player.
- YouTube video player and downloader.
- Mix, scratch and remix MP3s or music videos live.
- Save YouTube and Vimeo videos in MP3 format.
- Learn to play an instrument, write music, record a song.
- Join unlimited number of videos of any format into one file on ...
- Edit, filter, and convert your video files.
- DVD authoring app to create professional-looking DVDs.
- Rip DVD to all video and audio formats, iPod, iPhone, iPad, PSP...
- Convert video files into iPod mp4 format on your Mac.
- Digital video editing system.
- Play Blu-ray disc/movies and watch 1080p HD video on Mac.
- Jaksta Video Converter for Mac is very fast , very easy & Great...
- Edit music, voice, and other audio recordings.
- Switch Mac audio file format converter. Convert between over 40...
- Transfer songs from your iPod back to your computer.
- AC3 decompressor component for QuickTime.
- Play Blu-ray media on Mac.
All versions:3.3 stars
out of 168 votes
Current version:1.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Close call for me - if you have this, uninstall!"
Version: DivX 10.1.1
The developers get money in their pockets.
This is some shady software. It will give you pop ups telling you to update with no way to verify whether these updates are legitimately from the developer or someplace else. Unlike anything else in Mac, a simple drag and drop *will not* remove divx from your computer. Trying to remove it manually is nearly impossible. Thank god I cancelled the latest update that has a reputation for hijacking your browser settings with conduit.
Avoid at all costs. If you have it, find a way to uninstall.