Display Maid is an app for keeping your displays tidy and managing your workspaces. If you use a laptop with an external monitor you probably know how frustrating it is trying to keep apps and windows organized when you have to unplug your display. Everything gets jumbled up on your main screen and when you plug your display back in you have to manually move all of your windows back over to your external display. With Display Maid you wont have to worry about it any more.
The concept of Workspaces
Display Maid considers any one arrangement of monitors as a "Workspace". Any new workspace is automatically detected and recorded. So once you have a Workspace recorded what can you do with it?
Save and Restore window positions
You can tell Display Maid to save the positions of your open windows across many apps and later restore those positions when things become a mess. With Display Maid you don't have to restore windows on at a time, or even one app at a time. Display Maid restores all saved window positions across all apps with one command. It will also restore window positions automatically when it detects a workspace change.
You have one monitor on your office desk, a different one at home, and none when you're on the road. These three different workspaces can also automatically set your saved network locations so you don't have to bother with it.
Custom Applications Launch List
Perhaps you want one set of Apps to launch when you're at work with an external monitor plugged in, and a second set to launch when you're on the road and limited to your built in monitor. With Display Maid this is possible! Simply attach a list of apps to your different Workspaces and then set Display Maid to open at login. Display Maid will detect which workspace you're currently using and launch the appropriate list of Apps.
What's new in this version:
- Option to turn off auto restore on space change
- If the above option is off you can choose to restore all spaces when adding or removing a display instead of just the current space
- About window
More Products to Consider
- Conceal your IP address on the web.
- Get pop-up notifications for iTunes track changes, new email, a...
- Monitor widget: cpu, memory, bandwidth, drive, fans, temps...
- Control fans of your intel mac to cool it down, monitor temp.
- Remove unwanted language resources from OS X and installed apps...
- Adds AirPrint support to many third-party printers.
- Command-line utility to expand RAR archives.
- Control your MacBook's fans.
- Access hidden preferences settings.
- Extend the Dock and get window previews whenever you hover your...
- Widget displays Amazon's lightning deals.
- AutoCAD (dwg & dxf) & eDrawings viewer.
- Makes the color of your computer's display adapt to the time of...
- Keyboard tool that lets you "click" buttons and control your ap...
- Spelling & pronunciation widget dictionary.
- Graph & log network activity of local/remote computers.
- Executes a list of programs after a time delay.
- Forces windows to go full screen when you click the green orb b...
- Get an Dashboard styled clock for your Mac OS X Dashboard.
- Get an Office Clock styled widget for your Mac OS X Dashboard.
- Count down the seconds to any event right on your dashboard.
- Takes your Apple Remote further.
- Capture parts of your screen and force them to float above all ...
- IOS-style task switcher for Mac OS X.
All versions:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1