CNET Editors' review
Users with a large collection of disc media might want a way to customize labels for easier identification. Despite its dated interface, Disketch CD Label Software for Mac performs well and has a number of features one would expect from similar, more popular programs.
Being a rather light application, at around 634KB Disketch CD Label Software for Mac downloads quickly. After accepting a lengthy user agreement, the app's installation completed without any problems. There were no user instructions or tutorials readily available, but the main menu was intuitive, making this less of an issue. Technical support was also lacking. The menu had well-placed main buttons, but its design was dated and akin to programs from about 10 years ago. Fortunately, the program functioned well. Users can select CD or DVD. Buttons are available to move from the disc front to case back. In each menu, users can add images or text, and change the background color. The created labels were easy to view and change.
Users looking for an easy label-making program will find Disketch CD Label Software for Mac a functional option.
From NCH Software:
Disketch CD and DVD disc labeling software for Mac OS X allows you to create CD and DVD labels and covers for jewel cases easily. Import your own art work, or set a simple background color, organize artist information along with track lists. Creating professional quality CD and DVD labels is done within minutes with Disketch. A plus edition of Disketch is also available with additional features.
The free version of this product comes with extra features that will expire after 14 days.
What's new in this version: General updates.
More Products to Consider
- Expand RAR archives on your Mac.
- Recover and protect data on your Mac, monitor S.M.A.R.T. and ba...
- Snow Leopard operating system.
- Synchronize your files automatically to your computers and the ...
- System monitor utility.
- Mac operating system for Intel-based Macs.
- Extend OS X's native file handling capabilities via third-party...
- Graphical disk usage utility.
- Zip or unzip your files with this PKZip-compatible compression ...
- Blackberry Extractor for Mac extracts data from .IPD (blackberr...
- Accomplish frequently needed complex tasks in Excel with mostly...
- Unarchive ZIP, TAR, SIT, RAR, and 7-Zip files.
- System monitor which can help you get your Mac's running status...
- Manage system and user services on your Mac.
- Experience the power of WinZip-on your Mac! Compressing, protec...
- Browse Time Machine backups and find frequently copied items.
- Mount, read & write to NTFS-formatted drives under OS X.
- Make CD labels, covers, jewel case and DVD case inserts, and so...
- Disketch CD and DVD disc labeling software for Mac.
- Mines text data for string occurrences.
- Expand over 30 formats: StuffIt, Zip, RAR, 7z, tar, open encryp...
- Burn CD and DVD discs; create disc images.
- Automatic backup and synchronization utility.
- Rip DVD to AVI, MPEG, MP4 video formats and MP3, AAC, M4A files...
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content