You can use Directory Monitor for real-time surveillance of certain directories and will notify you of file changes, deletions, modifications, and new files.
* Real-time monitoring of file changes, modifications, deletions, new files and file access.
* Monitor local directories or network shares (including hidden/private shares).
* Balloon notifications whenever an event is detected.
* Options to detect all files in subdirectories and changes to file attributes.
* Optionally execute an application/script when an event occurs.
* Log all changes to a text file of your choice.
* Include and exclude filters per directory.
* Extend functionality with your own custom plugins.
* Auto updating, import/export.
* Run as a background Windows service.
* Attempt to log the user on the network that made the changes.
* Command-line version to run from the console.
* Snapshots to determine changes even when a share is down or the machine was off.
* Run external applications/scripts without hidden and in the background.
- Recover better from XML import errors.
- Better handling of access issues using the HTML editor control in the Emailer plugin.
- Critical fix to the Exceptionless component that crashes the application when multiple instances are open.