From Darren Gates:
A dictionary/glossary of food and culinary terms covering nearly every aspect of food preparation and consumption. This is a must-have reference for people who love to eat, and make things that can be eaten! Also includes many foreign terms for those who work with international and exotic cuisine.
If you've ever been confused by a food or cooking term while in the kitchen, you can now just whip out your mobile device and quickly look it up.
A subset of the overall feature list for this application includes:
- Advanced search for all food terms. The top 150 terms are returned by the search engine. If you need a more finely-tuned search, simply add more terms into the search field.
- Add/edit/remove food terms, and access terms you added using My Terms. If you find a definition that needs revision, you can edit it using your on-screen keypad, or add your own definition.
- You can rate food terms on a 5-star system. Once rated, the term is much easier to access later since you can just tap on the "Top Rated" button in the "More" section at the bottom of the screen.
- Mark your favorite food terms, and view them in the Favorites area. This is similar to the "Top Rated" feature, but with more direct access since the button is always-visible at the bottom of the screen.
- E-mail any food term to a friend, and CC or BCC it, too.
- Rename categories and add/remove categories. We've given you a starting point to help you categorize and organize your terms, but you can always add more, or change the default categorization. Also, you can put any term in up to 2 categories, if desired.
- Shake your mobile device for a random term. This is just fun on every level. Your kids will like this one, too.
- "View All" food terms for access to every item in the database. This can take a few seconds to load since there are a LOT of terms in this app.
- Use a simple "finger swipe" gesture to move from one term to another, or use the previous/next buttons. Navigating this food terms database has never been easier!
- Insert a textual comment about the term. For example, you may want to keep some notes about where you learned about the term, or when you might use it.
- The history feature keeps a log of what you've seen, so you can always go back to re-read about that term you remembered from days ago.
- A Settings screen allows you to change the relative font sizes and the size of the history table.
This app requires at least OS version 3.0
**** UPGRADES ARE ALWAYS FREE for applications created by Darren Gates *****
If you liked this app, you'll probably also like things like "Plant Taxonomy" and "Medical Terms DB" and many other knowledge-based applications by Darren Gates.
COPYRIGHT & LICENSE INFORMATION
The content contained in this application comes from a variety of public domain sources, including US government websites, Wikipedia Commons, public university websites, and public domain data archives. To the best of our knowledge, the images and content used in this app can be used in commercial products without license restriction.
If you have questions about our use of this content, or if you believe that some of this content may be copyrighted, please contact Darren Gates (the author) at firstname.lastname@example.org immediately. We take claims of copyright infringement very seriously, and will promptly remove any offending content.
What's new in this version:
In this version, a search utility has been added for each category, so you can search within a category as well as searching the entire app. Also, you can add a URL to any entry, if desired. For example, you may wish to link to a Wikipedia page on the subject. You can also add multimedia content to any entry.
E-mails now contain the category information, we well as as the basic title/body content. When adding or editing an entry, you can also now inp...
See all new features »