CNET Editors' review
There are any number of utilities out there that can quickly and easily convert a variety of file formats into PDFs, so there's no reason to settle for one that doesn't quite meet your needs. DeskPDF Pro combines an efficient drag-and-drop interface with some useful features, but the limitations of the trial version are significant, and there are free programs with many of the same features.
Once installed, DeskPDF Pro appears as an icon in the Windows system tray; clicking it brings up a small interface onto which users can drag files for conversion. This launches a window in which users can browse to the desired destination location and configure the conversion options; clicking the Advanced check box opens an expanded menu with tools for adding metadata, changing security settings, and customizing the way the PDF is displayed. DeskPDF Pro can convert files to either PDF or PS formats, and users can have the program save the new file in the location of their choice or e-mail it. The program comes with a thorough PDF Users Guide, but most users should be able to figure out its features without too much guidance. Although we liked DeskPDF Pro overall -- it was easy to use and gave us plenty of control over the conversion process -- the trial version of the program only allows users to convert five files before it starts placing watermarks on the bottom of each page. The program works well and is worth trying out, but if you're willing to spend some time shopping around, you're likely to find programs with similar capabilities for free.
DeskPDF Pro installs politely but leaves a folder behind upon removal.
Editors' note: This is a review of the trial version of DeskPDF Pro 2012.
Create 100% Adobe Reader compatible PDF files from any application using deskPDF Creator! With deskPDF Creator you can print to PDF from any application, or take advantage of Microsoft Word integration for instant Word to PDF conversion.
The time-saving new EasyStart menu gives you on-the-fly PDF creation, and drag and drop conversion to PDF. Other new features for 2012 include a conversion preview so you can rotate and delete pages before you finalize the PDF. Also new for 2012 is our new Dual PDF Creation Engine - for more accurate and faster conversion to PDF. deskPDF Creator 2012 now features the PDF/A (PDF Archive) format - great for anyone in legal, finance, and healthcare.
The deskPDF virtual printer means you can print to PDF from any other program, and convert any file to PDF. Anything that you would normally print to paper will be accurately converted to a high quality PDF. Its easy to start creating PDFs immediately, & deskPDF Creator even has many advanced features including PDF merging, watermarking & stationary, custom profiles to streamline your workflows, and PDF security options with up to 128 bit banking-grade encryption. Deep Microsoft Word integration gives you one-click PDF conversion, and means when you convert Word to PDF you retain the hyperlinks, bookmarks and table of contents in your documents.
Docudesk's deskPDF Creator is the original Adobe alternative, and has been the leading PDF creation app since 2003 - with millions of installs worldwide, including over 70% of the Fortune 1000. Award-winning and critically-acclaimed, PC mag describes deskPDF as having a "zen-like" simplicity while at the same time including advanced features that you would expect to pay hundreds of dollars for in other applications. Don't pay the "Adobe tax" when you simply need to create PDF files. Download our free deskPDF Creator trial and start creating 100% Adobe compatible PDFs today.
What's new in this version: Version 2012:
- EasyStart menu
- Drag & Drop & 1 click PDF Creation
- Conversion preview
- Rotate & delete pages
- Dual PDF Creation Engine
- PDF/A support
More Products to Consider
- Open, view, and print any PDF file.
- Create PDF file from any windows file effortlessly.
- Convert files to PDF format and convert PDF files to Word forma...
- Convert to PDF from any program or use Word to PDF add-in to ke...
- Print to PDF from Windows applications and optimize the PDF out...
- Open, view, and convert Adobe PDF files.
- View DWG, DXF, and DWF drawings.
- Transform any printable document into PDF format.
- Simplify design process and gain better control over placement ...
- Change multiple picture scans files into PDF pages.
- Create PDF files from 300 Windows file types free, including Wo...
- Create and write PDF files as well as convert other files to PD...
- Create 3D models and upload them to Google Earth.
- Create PDF, PDF/A, XPS and TIFF files from any Windows applicat...
- Create, visualize, document, and share your CAD projects.
- Open, view, edit, and save PDF files without Adobe Acrobat.
- Create PDF from image easily.
- Convert XPS to PDF and PDF to XPS format.
- Convert your files between various formats.
- Convert PDF to Word file format.
- Convert PDF files into JPEG, BMP, and TIFF formats easily.
- Create Adobe PDF files with the push of a button.
- Convert images to PDF.
- Create press-ready, high quality, searchable, and full-featured...
All versions:3.8 stars
out of 116 votes
Current version:2.0 stars
out of 2 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
"not useful & not honest"
Version: DeskPDF Creator 2012
does open & annotate pdf's & saves them.
cheaper than acrobat
only 1 window can be open at a time making working w/ 2 different files difficult to impossible.
they promise money back if not satisfied but then ignore all requests
waste of money.
"Adequate but with a cost."
Version: DeskPDF Creator 2012
Generally gets the job done.
Costly to maintain; recurring annual fees.