CNET Editors' note: The "Download Now" link directs you to the Android Market where you must continue the download process. This download may not be available in some countries.
CNET Editors' review
In Defender for Android you must have fast fingers and a sound defensive strategy to protect your medieval castle from monster attackers. Luckily, you have a pretty sweet bow (with unlimited arrows) and a pocket full of magical spells to help you in your efforts.
As monsters charge your castle walls, tap and hold your finger on them to shoot your bow. For larger waves of targets, you can also drag your finger across the screen to get that machine-gun-spray effect. And when you find yourself being overrun by a particularly feisty pack of monsters, just drag one of your powerful spells onto the screen and watch the magic happen. But be careful, because you have a limited amount of Mana (energy to perform magical spells), and it can deplete rather quickly.
To start the game, you are equipped with only a tiny reservoir of Mana and a basic bow. As you progress, however, you begin to collect coins and jewels, which can be used to make purchases from a long menu of upgrades. You can strengthen your castle walls, purchase a larger Mana reservoir, learn new spells, up your strength and shooting speed, and of course, unlock new bows.
With its fun tap-and-drag style of game play and its incredibly addictive upgrade trees, we think Defender for Android is a winner. In future iterations of the game, we'd love to see more spells and enemy types, but even as it is now, we highly recommend this free download.
From Droid Hen:
Tired of FarmVille and Angry Birds? Enjoy this remake of the classical Galaga/Galaxian game. Galaxian was developed and released in 1979. It was designed to build and improve upon the formula of Taito's game Space Invaders. Though not nearly as successful as Space Invaders had been, Galaxian became one of the most profitable games of its time. It has been ported to numerous platforms including iPhone, iPad, iPod, Nintendo, xBox and of course Android. So why should you give our version a try? We tried to recreate the fun of the game in a tiny download of a little more than 100Kb.And now you too can relive the action - shoot waves of alien space ships to earn high score. Count your shots - the more you shoot, the more they shoot back. Tilt the phone to control defender ship.Don't forget to check our Games section for more fun time killers like Space Invaders, Minesweeper, Solitaire, Bricks, beJeweled and others...Content rating: Everyone
More Products to Consider
- The sequel to the smash hit phenomenon that took the world by s...
- Play classic Nintendo platformer game on your Android device.
- View IPL 6 live score and schedule.
- Dr. Driving drives you crazy!.
- Shoot the bunnies on your Android device.
- 4 Pics 1 Word - What's the word in common for 4 pictures?.
- Zombie Dash combines the timeless appeal of arcade games with s...
- Guide your ninja through a fantastic world while dodging barrie...
- One of the most addictive and entertaining physics based drivin...
- Fly through 8 levels and defeat waves of enemies.
- Think you have what it takes to adopt a POU? How will YOU custo...
- Turn your android phone into a battle field and snipe all your ...
- Take secret missions and snipe out your targets.
- Trailblaze in this new standard for mobile racing game.
- Quickly climb up walls, avoid collisions, and defeat enemies wh...
- Run to the final destination as a ninja before the eclipse!.
- Do you like driving big vehicles? Then you have to try Bus Simu...
- Save the remnants of humanity by slaughtering every zombie in y...
- Destroy aliens, upgrade your ship, and shoot'em up!.
- In a world of might and magic, are you strong enough to dominat...
- Battle, block, and maneuver your way to stop the evil plans of ...
- Logo Quiz is the #1 ranked Logo Guessing Game on Google Play.
- Get the yellow car out of the traffic jam.
- Play a classic multi-directional shooter video game.
All versions:2.0 stars
out of 3 votes
Current version:2.5 stars
out of 2 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
"Took money out of my account without authorization"
Version: Defender 1.1.1
none at all
you took 300 dollars out of my account without my authorization I want my money back!!!!!!!!!
"Fun game. I ordered some stuff and it worked fine"
Version: Defender 1.1.1
Fun, free game!
Could use more variety.
I didn't get ripped off. I ordered $2 in 'stuff' and it came right through.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content