CNET Editors' review
Advanced Excel Repair is a simple but powerful tool for recovering and repairing damaged or corrupted Excel spreadsheets. It's designed for businesses and others who rely on Excel, for whom a lost or damaged file can be either a nuisance or a catastrophe.
Advanced Excel Repair has a simple, attractive dialog-based interface with tabs for Repair, Batch Repair, and Preferences, although Preferences covers nothing more than selecting a directory for temporary files and the internal process buffer size. The default tab, Repair, is dominated by a log display, a progress bar, and a Start Repair button, which offers options for recovering cells and formulas. The Batch Repair tab offers a list view of files to be repaired instead of a log view. We selected the Repair tab, opened an archived Excel file that had given us trouble in the past, and clicked Start Repair. Advanced Excel Repair gave the file the once-over, quickly verifying it and saving it to our selected directory. The file opened normally in Excel. Clicking Save Log let us save the repair log, an essential feature in an enterprise environment.
While our Excel file wasn't badly damaged, Advanced Excel Repair made quick work of sorting it out, and the file opened and functioned normally afterward, which is all we asked. The program proved as easy to use as DataNumen's other Office recovery tools, too, with which it shares a basic family resemblance. Since businesses rely on Excel spreadsheets to save their critical financial data, a tool like Advanced Excel Repair can quickly pay for itself, not only in time saved in recreating the data (if possible) but also in keeping the original time spent preparing the spreadsheets from going down the tubes. No one wants to do work over again, much less pay for it twice.
Editors' note: This is a review of the full version of Advanced Excel Repair 1.4. The trial version only saves the first 30 recoverable cells.
DataNumen Excel Repair (formerly Advanced Excel Repair) is a powerful tool to repair corrupt Excel xls and xlsx files. It can scan the corrupt Excel files and recover your data in them as much as possible, so to minimize the loss in file corruption. Main features: 1.Support to fix xls and xlsx files in Excel versions 3 to 2013 formats. 2.Support to recover cell data including texts, numbers and formulas in Excel files. 3.Support to restore structure of multi-sheet files. 4.Support to restore worksheet names. 5.Support to recover Excel files on corrupted medias, such as floppy disks, Zip disks, CDROMs, etc. 6.Support to repair a batch of Excel spreadsheet files. 7.Support integration with Windows Explorer, so you can fix a xls or xlsx file with the context menu of Windows Explorer easily. 8.Support drag & drop operation. 9.Support command line parameters.
What's new in this version: Version 2.1 add support to recover shared formula and array-entered formula; support to recover number format of the cells.
More Products to Consider
- Repair and fix your damaged Microsoft Excel files.
- Take an open-source approach to office productivity.
- Convert PDF files to Microsoft Word format.
- Open, edit, and save files using the new file formats in 2007 v...
- View, navigate, and print PDF files.
- Convert JPG, BMP, TIFF, PNG images to PDF files.
- Recover corrupted Microsoft Excel spreadsheets.
- Repair damaged or corrupt Excel files.
- Recover and extract text from corrupted MS Publisher files.
- Create and share content with the help of a comprehensive set o...
- Scan and recover corrupted ZIP files.
- Transform PDF documents to Excel documents.
- Recover corrupted files and folders on your hard drive.
- Create, encrypt, and merge PDF files.
- Keep track of how you use your PC.
- Recover data from corrupted Microsoft Excel files.
- Recover, scan, and repair your corrupted DBF database files.
- Render PDF files within applications that support the print fun...
- Recover deleted and erased data.
- Recover and repair damaged or corrupted Microsoft Office files.
- Scan disc sectors, rescue the damaged files, and copy the corre...
- Develop your own custom solutions visualizing various data.
- Recover data from damaged disks and corrupted partitions.
- Extract text even from heavily damaged MDB files.
All versions:2.4 stars
out of 5 votes
Current version:1.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"It's not excel repair, it's complete excel removing."
Version: DataNumen Excel Repair 2.1
Tool is quite popular, that's why I tried to use it.
Excel file wasn't completely recovered, my formatting, some text weren't.
Don't buy it, foolish product.