From Iceberg Reader:
Daniel X: Watch the Skies
Little, Brown Young Readers
July 27, 2009
All's quiet in the small town of Holliswood, the television sets a-glow in every home. But not all is as perfect as it seems.
A terrifying outlaw has just arrived in town, with the goal of throwing it into chaos--and filming the pandemonium for the fellas back home.
Only one person can stop him and his thugs from destroying the city and everyone living there. Daniel X assembles an all-star team of his own creation, but not even he could imagine the enormity of this made-for-TV-villain's powers.
The Iceberg Reader revolutionizes the reading experience by combining the familiarity and timelessness of books with the convenience of New Media. Iceberg makes it easier than ever to browse, buy and enjoy the written word.
- Natural book-like reading experience with full pagination, like the original printed editions.
- Each title includes cover art, front matter, running heads and page numbers.
- Table of Contents incorporates one click navigation.
- Vertical and horizontal page orientation.
- Adjust font size with a pinch, text reflows automatically.
- Brightness adjustment with paper-like backgrounds.
- Swipe to turn the page.
- Search the text within a book.
- Create margin notes with user notation.
- Integrates with iTunes bookstore, so your next Iceberg book is just one click away.
Hachette Book Group USA is a leading US trade publisher headquartered in New York, and owned by Hachette Livre, the second largest publisher in the world. In one year, HBGUSA publishes approximately 450 adult books, 150 young adult and childrens books, and 60 audio book titles. In 2007, the company had a record 82 books on the New York Times bestseller list, with 20 of them ranked #1. In addition to selling and distributing its own imprints, HBG distributes publishing lines for Chronicle Books, Microsoft Learning, Arcade, Time Inc. Home Entertainment, Harry N. Abrams, InnovativeKids, Phaidon Press, Filipacchi Publishing, Kensington, MQ Publications, Strictly By The Book, Weinstein Books and Gildan Media.
ScrollMotion, creator of the Iceberg Reader, is a content technology company based in downtown New York City. Our proprietary technology is reshaping how people experience digital information and entertainment, and ScrollMotion is also helping many of the greatest names in traditional media tap the vast potential of the mobile space. For more information, visit www.scrollmotion.com.
If you have any technical problems please email us at email@example.com before you post a review.
What's new in this version:
- Improved compatibility with iPad
- More intuitive user interface
- Ability to share notes and excerpts through Facebook and email
- Improved search functionality
- Enhancements to notes feature