From Daminion Software:
Daminion is a low-cost, server based photo management system for small teams and creative professionals. Multiple users can view, annotate, and edit your digital assets quickly and without risk of losing information; your digital library will be protected from irreparable damage, which is not the case when using a file-server based solution. Daminion benefits are: - Affordable price for small teams - None of the endless monthly fees demanded by hosted solutions. You pay once. - No need to hire a system administrator, and no specialist knowledge necessary to install and administer the Server. - Much more secure than web-solutions all your content remains inside your firewall - Restricted access to content by User Roles - Ability to work with huge size media archives (up to 500K-1M files per catalog) - Version Control (Check in/out). Avoid work being redone because you've lost your original versions! - Powered by free, reliable and widely adopted PostgreSQL database engine - Import more than 100 formats including - Super simple and clean interface - Focused on cataloguing (no built-in fancy image editors and publishing tools) with excellent bridge to external photo editors like Adobe Photoshop and Adobe InDesign. - Quickly classify and filter your content by tags using AND, OR operations - Supports complex hierarchical tags (keywords, locations, etc.) with no limitation on nesting levels. - Using hierarchical tags you can describe your content more precisely and as result spend far less time locating your important files - Automatically sync image annotations (tags) with metadata (IPTC/XMP/MWG) - Daminion can even write metadata into Camera RAW formats, including CR2, NEF, DNG, ARW, MRW, PEF, without creating xmp sidecar files - Unlike other content organizational tools, Daminion will correctly write/read hierarchical keywords from/to IPTC/XMP. So your hierarchical structure will not lose data when you export or move your files.
What's new in this version: Version 3.0 build 994
- It's now possible to restrict access to individual documents, so that only certain users or groups of users are allowed to see them.
- Import directly from mobile devices and digital cameras
- Added Back/Forward commands to return to previous queries
- Connection to Daminion Server can be established by specifying an FQDN address
- Empty Media Formats in shared catalogs can now be removed via the "Catalog > Optimize Database" command ... See all new features
More Products to Consider
- Manage digital assets and documents with multi-user access and ...
- View and edit most graphics formats simply and quickly.
- View, edit, print, or add frames to your photos.
- Carry out all essential tasks of the photography workflow and d...
- Organize, edit, and share pictures with this free photo manager...
- Manage, view, convert, and edit your images.
- Optimize your photos and turn them into paintings or funny cari...
- Edit, enhance, and manipulate your digital photos or graphics.
- Create virtual logical folder structure with descriptive names ...
- Import and share your digital images from all sources.
- Create and edit photos using layers, effects, and other tools.
- Organize your photos, perfect your shots, and share your memori...
- Create and alter photos and graphics manually or via scripting.
- Edit photos, add photo frame, photo effects, collages, and funn...
- View, play, and manage large media collections.
- Enhance your photos and create professional-looking images.
- Create powerful images with a full-featured image editor.
- Select your favorite pictures and create custom slide shows.
- Take a snapshot of anything on your computer screen.
- Retouch your pictures and lay them out on album pages.
- Blend pictures and create single composition of two images.
- Organize your digital images in a database.
- Optimize your images and change their size.
- Create your scrapbook from your digital camera in minutes.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content