CNET Editors' review
For loading virtual disk drives, Daemon Tools is the best-known app around. The name comes from Disk And Execution MONitor, meaning that the program runs the minor task of drive emulation, so that virtual CD and DVD files can run.
The list of file types supported by the pro version of this program is impressive. B5T, B6T, BWT, CCD, CDI, CUE, ISO, MDS, NRG, PDI, and ISZ are all supported, as are up to 32 virtual drives. The benefits of running commonly-used discs from a hard drive instead of the disc itself are many, and go beyond reduced wear-and-tear on the disc. The app also converts discs into disc images, saving you the step of having to find a converter.
Daemon Tools also features events logs, device and image property displays, encryption, and panel locking, so that you can fix in stone the user interfaces' configuration. The UI is nothing to sneeze at, either, with a nav that naturally emulates the file explorer in Windows XP. For top-shelf disc image ripping and drive emulation, Daemon Tools is the premier choice for power users, but is easy enough to learn for beginners.
From Disc Soft:
Daemon Tools Pro is CD & DVD emulation software which allows users to make CD/DVD disc images, create a virtual CD / DVD drives and play CDs & DVDs without the need for the physical disc. It supports more CD / DVD image types than any other CD emulator. It is able to emulate nearly all CD / DVD image types on the market today. Your original CD / DVD discs can be safely stored away; Daemon Tools Pro images mean that you always have your expensive media stored safely on your hard drive for instant retrieval at the click of a button. No more searching for the correct disc or software application install disc, everything is at your finger tips.
Version 4.30.0303 includes unspecified updates.
What's new in this version: Version 4.30.0303 includes unspecified updates.
More Products to Consider
- Convert CDs to MP3, WMA, WAV, OGG, FLAC formats, convert audio ...
- Convert M4A/AAC into MP3/WAV format.
- Mix, scratch, and remix MP3 or music videos live.
- Play video and audio files, convert to other file formats, burn...
- Create, edit, burn, mount, and encrypt CD, DVD, and BD image fi...
- Rip audio CDs, convert music, and burn discs easily.
- Get fast and flexible digital-media playback with access to sma...
- Convert all your FLAC files to the standard MP3 files.
- Cut desired parts from your MP3 files.
- Copy DVD to iPod, iPhone, 3GP, PSP, Zune, HD TV, AVI, Divx, Xvi...
- Record, edit, convert, analyze, and restore sound files.
- Manage your music and movie libraries on your PC, iPod or iPhon...
- Run a virtual mixing console for MP3, WAV, and Karaoke (MP3+G) ...
- Open FLV encoded video files.
- Convert your MP3 files fast and easily.
- Convert FLAC audio files to MP3.
- Convert WAV files to MP3 format.
- Create all sorts of CDs, DVDs, and Blu-ray discs.
- Convert WMA/WMV/ASF files to MP3.
- Search and download from over 100 million songs.
- Convert audio files between MP3, WAV, M4A, AAC, WMA, OGG, FLAC,...
- Convert WMA files to MP3 format.
- Edit your digital audio files on your Windows PC.
- Extract audio from video files of 300+ formats.
All versions:3.7 stars
out of 35 votes
Current version:1.0 stars
out of 2 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
Version: Daemon Tools Pro 4.30.0303
"Pernicious evil abounds in this doozy"
Version: Daemon Tools Pro 4.30.0303
The only pro I can offer is the tons of spyware, trojans and assorted evil bonuses that came along with this program made me have to clean house and reformat my hard drive and do a clean install.
Piles of spyware and virus issues and it is near impossible to erase from your computer. I spent at least 4 hours trying to avoid reformating my hard drive to no avail. Avoid this company and any of its products unless you have a reformating fetish.
AVOID AVOID AVOID. Thats all.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content