From Alex Thuering:
DVDStyler is a free DVD authoring application for the creation of professional-looking DVDs. It allows not only burning of video files on DVD that can be played practically on any standalone DVD player, but also creation of own-designed DVD menus. The main DVDStyler features are: creation and burning DVD video with interactive menus, support of AVI, MPEG and other file formats, support of MPEG-2, MPEG-4, DivX, Xvid, MP2, MP3, AC-3 and other audio and video formats, support of multi-core processor, allows using MPEG and VOB files without reencoding, see FAQ, allows put files with different audio/video format on one DVD (support of titleset), user-friendly interface with support of drag & drop, flexible menu creation on the basis of scalable vector graphic, import of image file for background, placing of buttons, text, images and other graphic objects anywhere on the menu screen, changing the font/color and other parameters of buttons and graphic object, scaling of buttons and graphic objects, coping of any menu object or whole menu, dvd scripting.
More Products to Consider
- Play audio and video files in real-time and streaming modes.
- Play video files of multiple video formats.
- Play virtually any media file in open-source cross-platform mul...
- Burn videos to DVD disc or generate ISO files.
- Play various types of video, audio, movie, music files in Media...
- Play digital media of various formats including incomplete, par...
- Back up media to Blu-ray discs and access your media via HTTP p...
- Add watermarks to your videos.
- Convert video and YouTube to AVI, WMV, MP4, FLV, MP3, burn vide...
- Convert MTS and other popular video/audio files to any video an...
- Convert MKV videos to AVI, WMV, FLV, MP4 for playback on popula...
- Play audio and video files on the go.
- Convert all video/audio formats with high definition and top sp...
- Play 99.9 percent of files with a collection of codecs for Wind...
- Convert general videos and HD videos to your desired HD formats...
- Discover and play online videos, download, save, organize, and ...
- Play any video and audio file including Youtube clips without t...
- Create and convert video to DVD with quality.
- Convert your videos to different video file formats.
- Burn audio and data CDs, video DVDs, and Blu-ray data discs.
- Capture and record video from your screen.
- Burn, copy, write and erase your DVD / CD.
- Convert AVCHD video files to MP4 format.
- Convert AVI, MKV, DivX, and XviD files to DVD format.
All versions:2.0 stars
out of 10 votes
Current version:2.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Mac version does not work"
Version: DVDStyler 2.3.5
Get version 2.2
Fails or crashes
The developer of this app has a very spotty record of building a version that works properly under OS X. The Windows version of DVDStyler 2.3.5 came out about four weeks ago and it took until now for him to release a Mac version. And guess what, the Mac version doesn't work. (If you want to try this app out, look for version 2.2. It was released in the spring of 2012, and it DOES work.)
I tried running this app on two very different Macs. In an old 32-bit iMac running Snow Leopard, the app goes through its paces, and fails when it tries to write its .iso file. (Two tries, two failures.)
On a fairly new 64-bit iMac running Mountain Lion, the app just plain crashes when I try to add a second video file to the menu.
Being built for multiple hardware platforms, the user interface tends to be pretty non-Mac-like, but one can eventually get used to it. It's one of the few DVD creator apps I've found that can actually produce a 16x9 aspect ratio DVD that will play properly on a stand-alone DVD player. And it's free, to boot.
But I repeat. This version does not work. Find version 2.2.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content