CNET Editors' review
No need to rely on an abacus or fingers and toes once you have this free Calculator for Science Students in your toolbox. A variety of calculators, converters, references, and glossaries reside at your fingertips through this full-featured app.
This calculator launches a nicely designed, easy-to-use interface--slightly drab, but easy to comprehend. It offers a numeric keypad and buttons for performing a number of scientific calculations. Below the keypad are six tabs that provide access to a wide series of tools that will make a handy reference for science students and teachers. This application performed quickly and very well in our tests. We were very pleased with the number of tools and references it made available. (Semi-fuddy-duddies will be happy to see a list of metric prefixes you can never remember, and the conversion tools will help in translating U.S. measures to European--along with linear acceleration and angular acceleration for hip physicists and amateur astronomers.) Only a few tools require purchasing the fully registered version of the app (unfortunately, the quadratic calculator is one of them), and in all cases the price is very affordable.
Home schoolers will really appreciate this download--it's like a compact mathematics desk reference on your hard drive--but we recommend it for all users.
This is an easy to use Scientific Calculator with a high level of functionality. It incorporates many science tools including a triangle calculator, vector calculator, shape calculator, kinematic calculator, half-life calculator, maths calculator, gas laws calculator, statistical calculator, percent and proportion calculator, world times, event timer, measurement converter and a molar mass calculator. Numerous science data reference systems can be called including SI units, symbols, constants, maths laws, atomic structures, organic compounds, ions and ionic compounds, and chemical reactions. Over 500 commonly used compounds can be quickly called to list their name, formula, molecular mass and CAS number. Over 100 constants can be called to list their numerical value and uncertainty value. Search systems are available for science symbols, ions, science terms and equation formula. Interactive flowcharts can be called for mechanical and electrical units. An interactive periodic table lists elements properties. A help system explains operation, and system contents can be quickly located through a search system.
What's new in this version: New calculators and reference tables added.
More Products to Consider
- Get table data in every files of science.
- Learn chemistry with this periodic table, database of the eleme...
- Get a free periodic table with extensive information on chemica...
- Look up words in thesaurus and dictionary from almost any progr...
- Turn your computer to an interactive physics laboratory.
- Hear the Athan (Azan) automatically five times a day at each pr...
- View your real-time physical position on moving Google Map.
- View satellite pictures, maps, terrain, buildings and other glo...
- View, read, and convert EPub e-books.
- Read King James Bible on your PC.
- Instantly compute the result as you type math expressions.
- Discover how to type and improve your typing.
- Collect GPS data from various GPS trackers simultaneously.
- Evaluate mathematical equations, generate graphs from equations...
- Learn touch-typing with a program that dynamically adjusts trai...
- Get ready access to numerous reference tables, calculators and ...
- Manage all aspects of a school's student administrative system.
- Get English and Sinhala definitions with technical terms glossa...
- Search and read the Quran in different languages.
- Create and simulate logic circuits.
- Get an English too Bangla dictionary.
- Convert Kindle Mobi, AZW, PRC books to ePUB format to read Kind...
- Calculate your profit, loss, and share price when buying or sel...
- Perform conversions between 5000 various units.
All versions:4.0 stars
out of 7 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-7 of 7
"Nice piece of software."
Version: DPLS Scientific Calculator 3.2
It has more functions than basic calculators.
None that I can see in the software
I recommend this software to anyone.
Version: DPLS Scientific Calculator 3.1
Easy to use, powerful and very inexpensive
Need more functions ... LOL Just kidding!!
Great calculator for all kinds of math and science problems.
"blocked as suspicious behavior"
Version: DPLS Scientific Calculator 3.0
the '.exe' file was blocked by Norton 360 as acting suspiciously after which I deleted the file
Blocked by security software
"It's very Good"
Version: DPLS Scientific Calculator 3.0
It's very Good
None observed yet
Version: DPLS Scientific Calculator 2.1
Just about every constant, measurement, and conversion factor is supplied!
None that I could see so far.
Truly amazing at the amount of information provided with this calculator!!
"Very good calculator"
Version: DPLS Scientific Calculator 2.0
Very easy to use and loots of stuff in it.
Not much. Simple and usefull
Very easy to use and lots of tools.
"Best calculator I've seen on the web"
Version: DPLS Scientific Calculator 1.5
Nice user interface. Equation calculators are simple to use. Good measurement converter.
Takes up some room on the screen.
Very good calculator. Recommended
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content
See more CNET content tagged: