This is a rather trivial port of DOSBox to MacOS X. What if you just want to play some old games? This port of DOSBox may be your answer. It's statically compiled against SDL, is built upon the Cocoa, Carbon, OpenGL, QuickTime, and AudioUnit frameworks, and thus, is only MacOS 10.3.x (or Panther) compatible. It has partial protected mode emulation, a subset of VESA 1.2 functionality (800x600x8) via S3 Trio emulation, and 'internal modem' support via the SDL_net framework.
What's new in this version:
- Several small game specific fixes/hacks/support. (Offensive, Roadhog, GTA installer, Kingdom O' Magic soundcard detection, Pirate booter, Armored Fist installer)
- Add the S3-specific 640x480 256 color mode. (fixes regression in "Wooden Ships and Iron Men" and "I Have No Mouth And I Must Scream")
- Fix a stack overflow that could crash DOSBox.
- Add fake microphone input. (fixes Talking Parrot)
- Modify adlib turn off code, so that it doesn't turn off... See all new features »