CNET Editors' review
For gamers, video performance is everything. They extract as much power from their graphics cards as possible without melting down their motherboards, all to enhance in-game realism. They require accurate, in-depth, real-time data on graphics performance. That's where D3DGear steps into the picture. It's a free DirectX and OpenGL utility that automatically measures and displays the 3D frame rate of your Windows-based games and graphics-intensive applications. It's also a screenshot capture tool that can record multiple frames and save it in AVI video, even as you play, or copy any screen image and save it as a JPEG or other type of image file. Programmable hotkeys simplify saving screen images. The company's Web site offers help if needed.
D3DGear downloads politely but it requires a reboot to install. The program is easy to use: Just start it up first, and then start your game. D3DGear will display the game or application's frame rate on screen. The program's interface is basically a properties dialog that lets you set options for screen capture, AVI movie, and other features. D3DGear does exactly what it claims, displaying accurate frame rates of demanding material. What you do with the data is up to you; just be sure your video card's cooler is up to it.
The latest release of D3DGear fixes a bug in the screen capture tool related to antialiasing and another issue that caused Call of Duty 2 to crash. It also supports DirectX10 and Windows 7. D3DGear is free to try for 15 days.
From D3DGear Technologies:
D3DGear is an advanced DirectX and OpenGL utility. It automatically measures Windows 3D game or application frame rate, and display frame rate on screen. It helps you record 3D game into AVI movie while you are playing game, take multiple screenshots and conveniently save them. D3DGear also is a screenshot capture tool, it captures any game or application screenshot and save screenshot in popular image format. To use D3DGear, simply launch D3DGear prior to start 3D game, the frame rate of 3D game will be automatically measured and displayed on screen; capturing screenshot will be as simple as pressing pre-defined hotkey.
What's new in this version: Version 4.35.1827 added new cool black user interface, user now can choose classic user interface and new black user interface.
More Products to Consider
- Add new cars and new scenery to Vice City.
- Give Tommy Vercetti a new wardrobe.
- Get behind the wheel and own the streets from dusk til dawn.
- Play the latest continuation of Super Mario 3: Mario Forever.
- Try both single-player and multiplayer modes in this illicit st...
- Capture and hold multiple screenshots with the click of a butto...
- Build anything you can imagine with blocks.
- Capture, save, and print screenshots.
- Update The Sims 3 to v1.6.6.002002.
- Manage your Windows screens with this four-part utility.
- Drive your truck across America and build your own business emp...
- Monitor a remote computer invisibly by streaming screenshots to...
- Challenge yourself with this Age of Empires sequel.
- Upload, manage, and share your images and screenshots with one ...
- Monitor MSN conversations and save it.
- Put characters in awkward poses, create your own wheeled vehicl...
- Get the PC client for the online gaming service.
- Record AIM chat within your LAN as HTML files.
- Play GTA:Vice City online or via LAN connection.
- Monitor and log ICQ chat within your LAN.
- Play 12 solitaire card games on your PC.
- View and Print CAD files.
- Add new features to your Red Alert 2 game.
- Capture, save, and modify screenshots from your desktop.
All versions:5.0 stars
out of 2 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2