CNET Editors' review
With a number of RSS managers available, it may be difficult for users to find one that works well on their Mac. Cream for Mac, while simple, is a fully functional RSS feed manager with a basic interface.
With no trial version available, the full program costs $3.99 from the Mac App Store. As with other applications from Apple's store, download of Cream for Mac was smooth and no user agreement acceptance was needed to start the program. After directly installing into the applications folder, the program opened cleanly. No separate instructions existed, but a tutorial walked us into syncing existing feed readers, such as Google Reader, into the program. There was support for importing a limited number of other feeds, or doing so, manually. After syncing, the program opens its basic reader menu, which lists the feeds available by Web site. Additional menus allow viewing of individual stories, themselves. Clicking a story brings up an additional window displaying the text. Navigating to the full story version simply takes the click of a button. While the program has all the expected functions, many of the buttons to take advantage of the options require trial and error to decipher, which is a disappointment.
Cream for Mac comes in handy for those looking for an alternative to other, mainstream RSS readers. It performs well and is a good option for the Mac OS user.
From MacCoreMac Software:
Cream does not require a Google Reader account, and is the first newsreader to offer junk filtering. It learns what you like by monitoring your reading habits, and helps you get on top of your feeds by skimming off the creamiest stories.
Throw in as many feeds as you like: Cream will sort out the sweet from the sour, so you only need see the premium content.
Cream also works great as a companion to full-featured news readers. Use Cream when you're short of time, and another reader for a complete scan later.
What's new in this version:
- Added support for images in story previews
- Increased spacing of text in previews
More Products to Consider
- Explore the web using Google's super-fast browser.
- Alternative Web browser with server-side compression for slow c...
- Surf the Web, block pop-ups, and keep spyware at bay with a lea...
- Download a new, fast browser.
- Check out the latest beta of the next Firefox update.
- Beta channel of Google's web browser.
- Connect with friends, preview search results, and get website u...
- View Flash content in your Web browser.
- Combine powerful browsing with media downloading and sharing.
- Rich media content plugin for the web.
- Browse the web comfortably.
- Scan for working online coupon codes during checkout.
- Access Facebook without a web browser.
- Check if video card supports Quartz Extreme.
- Full-featured read later and RSS client that supports services ...
- Block ad elements in Safari.
- Finds coupons for online shoppers during checkout automatically...
- Ring modulator Audio Unit effect.
- Web browser.
- Translate current page via Google Translate.
- Browser plugin to view rich multimedia web content.
- Browse the web, work with mail, chat in IRC and edit HTML.
- Edit the page you're reading at this moment to your taste.
- Refresh your Mac OS X icons to something tropical.