A newer version of CrashPlan is available.
This download is served from an external siteclose
NOTICE: This link will open a connection to a third-party site. CNET cannot ensure the security of software that is hosted on external sites.
Full user review
"Worth the effort to set it up correctly...."
- Backing up to the companies servers provide great offsite protection and the ability to retrieve data from mobile clients.
- Offsite backups encrypted prior to transmission.
- Local backup option to get the initial backup performed.
- Great solution for family members who would not backup at all....set this up and it just happens for them!
- File versioning and more!
- Without using this tool to perform a local backup, this might seem slow...but the whole point to backup your system without seeing a degradation in performance and NOT to blast your connection with a fast backup.
Please don't think of this as equal to backing up locally...it is MUCH more than that.
It brings the home user in the enterprise backup world with the ability to keep important data offsite.
Think about it....wouldn't you rather know that your data is safely offsite if something bad happened to your computer...or God forbid...you house!
This solution is definitely going on my 'recommend to family' list....much easier than trying to provide 'tech support' and teach them how to properly back up their systems.
AND..with the ability to use a client on IOS devices, I can access a current file from my backup from ANYWHERE, like Dropbox without the storage limitations!