CNET Editors' note: The "Download Now" link directs you to the Android Market where you must continue the download process. This download may not be available in some countries.
CNET Editors' review
There's busy, and then there's Super Mom (or Dad) busy, which brings us to Cozi's free Android app. Cozi's motto is "Family life. Simplified." Cozi lets you share common messages, calendars, shopping lists, and anything else you need to keep your family organized and informed. And where better to do it from than your smartphone? Cozi's app is free but ad-supported, which means ever-changing banner ads. But some of the ads we saw offered coupons and discounts on products that actually might be of interest to the resident decision maker, so maybe it's not such a bad thing after all (and it keeps the app free). We tried Cozi on a Samsung Galaxy S3 running Android 4.1.1.
When you first run Cozi, you'll need to create an account, which involves entering your first name and an e-mail address, creating a shared family password, and entering a household name and ZIP code. Cozi displayed our family's name above its menu, and there's a place for a family photo, too. Cozi's menu offers a Calendar, To-do and Shopping Lists, a Journal, and Settings. A sub-menu lists items available with Cozi Gold, a paid upgrade. We opened the Calendar, which displays a scrolling daybook view beneath a search field and a quick-access calendar feature. To set appointments and events for other family members, you first need to visit the Setup Household page and enter adults, children, and device settings. Once they're entered, all your kids need is the shared family password to access not just the calendar but also Cozi's lists and other features, and not only from their Android devices but also desktops, laptops, or any Cozi-compatible devices. You can create and save grocery lists with the Shopping List tool, while the Journal feature is a quick and easy note-keeper that lets you attach images to entries.
The family that droids together...well; that doesn't work. But Cozi does! And if your kids can't pull their eyes away from their phones, Cozi at least gives you a chance to stay in touch about what's going on with each other.
From Cozi Group:
Cozi makes your phone the ultimate family organizer with a centralized calendar, shopping lists, to do lists and a family journal the whole family can share on the go. SHARED FAMILY CALENDARA centralized family calendar you can manage right from your phone. Add an appointment and it uploads to your Cozi account so everyone in the family can see it. Set reminders that are sent by text or email so no one misses soccer practice or an important event. SHARED SHOPPING LISTSShared grocery lists the whole family can access from wherever they are. Retrieve them when you're at the storeeasily cross off items and add new ones while you shop. No more coming home with everything but the one thing you needed.SHARED TO DO LISTSCreate a shared to do list or an individual chore list. You'll have your to do items right there in your pocket to remind yourself. You can even email or text a list to a family member to remind them.FAMILY JOURNALJot down a special moment and add a photo all while you're on the move. Cozi's journal is designed especially for busy families, so it's quick and easy to keep favorite memories you don't want to forget.WIDGETSHome screen widgets give you quick access to your family calendar, shopping lists and to do lists. Choose from small and large widget sizes to customize your at-a-glance view.PLUS- Your Cozi calendar, shopping lists, to do lists and family journal are accessible from your mobile device as well as from any computer by visiting cozi.com.- No matter where or how you and your family access Cozi, you'll always be looking at the same information. - The whole family shares one account that everyone can access using their own email address (as specified in Settings) and the shared family password.- Cozi Family Organizer is available for all kinds of phones and tablets. Just search for "Cozi" in your favorite mobile app store.RAVE REVIEWSSee why everyone from Family Circle to Real Simple to Parenting to Working Mother Magazine is raving about Cozi.Voted #1 Productivity Android App for Moms Babble 2011"An online calendar we love." Parents Magazine"Cozi is, in short, ridiculously handy." PC World "Cozi just works." The Wall Street Journal"Incredibly helpful." Better Homes and GardensNOTE: If you experience any problems with your Cozi app, please don't hesitate to CONTACT US directly at cozi.com/support. We're unable to help if you only leave a comment on the Android Market. Our support team is top notch and we want to help you!Recent changes:- Email confirmation added- Additional minor bug fixesCOZI TIP: Your family only needs ONE Cozi account. Everyone in the family can sign in with their own email address (as specified in Settings) and the shared family password.Content rating: Low Maturity
What's new in this version: - Email confirmation added- Additional minor bug fixesCOZI TIP: Your family only needs ONE Cozi account. Everyone in the family can sign in with their own email address (as specified in Settings) and the shared family password.
More Products to Consider
- Create printable calendars with saved activities in MS Word and...
- Take notes and stick them to your desktop.
- Manage your email, time and calendar.
- Create Post-it notes, bookmark websites, send/receive notes, se...
- Split and merge PDF documents.
- Create and manage various events and to-do list on your desktop...
- Schedule, plan, and remind yourself of important events.
- Organize tasks, task lists, notes, and reminders in hierarchica...
- Organize your time with proactive time tracker working like a p...
- Organize your life, manage contacts, create to do list, and be ...
- Schedule and manage employees, customers, rooms, and equipment ...
- Create amortization schedule in Excel for fixed-rate loan.
- Calculate the annual percent rate on your loan.
- Create sticky notes on your desktop.
- Build, save, share, and print arbitrary mind maps.
- Create and manage personal todo list and shared task list for y...
- Catch up with your daily events and meeting schedules.
- Track your important events and get reminders of them.
- Transfer content between Android, iPhone, and Symbian phones.
- Schedule programs, scripts, and other tasks to start automatica...
- Create and organize sticky notes and reminders on your desktop.
- Use the information provided easier, using less time.
- Calculate your auto loan using variable rates, taxes, and other...
- Incorporate images and formatted text into your daily diary.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content