CNET Editors' review
iTunes is the default program for managing all of your Apple devices, but it's certainly not the be-all and end-all for managing your iPhone or iPod content. CopyTrans promises an easy, smart, safe way to transfer and back up your Apple device content, and it delivers.
To ensure a positive user experience, CopyTrans offers help from the get-go with a pop-up window that gives you links to its online User Guides, Getting Started Guide, and video demo. But thanks to its simple but functional user interface, we really didn't need the documentation. With our iPhone 4 plugged into our PC, the program immediately went to work pulling our playlist and camera info and displaying the content in the window. Our music playlist info was broken down into Genre, Artists, and Albums. You have two backup options: Smart and Manual. With Smart backup selected, we clicked the button of the same name. CopyTrans immediately went to work and we could watch the status of the backup in a pop-up window that also allows you to pause and cancel the action. Now, we don't keep a lot of content on our iPhone - we had only 89 files between apps and music - and it took about seven minutes to copy all of the files; it wasn't a lot of time, but if you have a lot of content on your device, it could take a bit of time to complete. Still, once CopyTrans finished copying all of the files, it copied the files to our computer and imported them to iTunes. The Settings menu gives you the option of displaying album artwork and sending errors and/or usage statistics to the CopyTrans team.
CopyTrans comes as a zip file, but installs and uninstalls cleanly. It's a worthy program for restoring your iPhone, iPod, and iPad content and easily transferring files between devices. We recommend it for all user levels.
Editors' note: This is a review of the full version of CopyTrans 4.836. The trial version is limited to 250 tracks per transfer.
With CopyTrans transfer iPod, iPod Touch, iPhone and iPad music, videos, podcasts, audiobooks, movies, home made videos, apps, and ringtones directly to iTunes. Import playlists, artworks, ratings, play counts, date last played, and date added back into iTunes. Copy iPod playlists and iPhone smart playlists while preserving song order within playlist. Import iPhone artworks automatically into iTunes. Import iPhone videos, podcasts, audiobooks, movies, TV-shows and ringtones to their iTunes categories. Backup iPod podcasts to iTunes including subscriptions.
What's new in this version: Version 4.858 adds iTunes 18.104.22.168 compatibility.
More Products to Consider
- Transfer music, videos from PC to iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch.
- Transfer music, videos, photos, and other media from your iPod,...
- Transfer, back up, and restore your iTunes library.
- Copy music, videos, photos and more from iPod, iPad, iPhone to ...
- Install iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad drivers without installing...
- Recover photos from iPhone, iPad, and iPod to PC and transfer p...
- Create iPod backups and restore them to your iPod at any time.
- Manage iPhone contacts, calendars, and notes from your PC.
- Manage your music and movie libraries on your PC, iPod or iPhon...
- Backup your iPod.
- Fix iPod problems, find and recover missing or deleted iPod son...
- Transfer iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch music movies and apps.
- Transfer music, movie, photo, eBook, app, contacts between iPod...
- Place connected iOS device into recovery mode with this utility...
- Transfer files between your computer and iPhone, iPod Touch, or...
- Clean up iTunes library, delete duplicates, missing, and orphan...
- Transfer iPhone song, video, photo, app, PDF, voicemail, and co...
- Transfer music, movie, ringtone, photo, eBook, apps from iPod, ...
- Backup your iDevice SHSH.
- Transfer iPod music, movies, camera roll, picture, voice memos,...
- Transfer files between iPod and PC, IOS devices, backup iPhone ...
- Help in transfering music from any iPhone, iPod or iPad to a Ma...
- Transfer files between iPad and PC and other iOS devices, backu...
- Copy music from iPod and iPhone back into iTunes.
All versions:4.2 stars
out of 324 votes
Current version:4.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Great program, well worther the money."
Version: CopyTrans 4.858
Was able to get all the music from many different devices without a hitch. Easy to choose folders for destination and works fast at retrieving thousands of tracks in a decent amount of time.
Update is a bit tricky to do.
I had decided to try this to retrieve music from my ipod. my other computer crashed and itunes would not do it because a different comp. I purchased Copytrans and have been able to get soo much music from many devices. I have filled a an external hard drive and about another 150GB on my laptop. Well worth the money.