CNET Editors' review
ChromePlus from Maple Studio is exactly what it sounds like: Google Chrome, plus a bunch of useful extras. Like Chrome, ChromePlus is free, and everything Chrome does, it does. The "plus" part adds Mouse Gestures, Super Drag, a Download Manager, enhanced bookmarks, an IE tab, and more.
The ChromePlus installer automatically checked for the latest version of the program; it also advised us to close Firefox so it could import bookmarks and other settings from Mozilla, just like when installing Chrome. ChromePlus happily coexists with Chrome on the same desktop; we had both open at the same time as we installed our extensions, all of which functioned perfectly in ChromePlus. The most noticeable difference from Chrome was the presence of all the links from our Firefox Bookmarks Toolbar in the ChromePlus Bookmarks Bar, a welcome sight since Chrome didn't install them automatically, though it did import them to the Other Bookmarks folder. An integrated search bar was the only other visible difference, but when we clicked on the tool icon to access the program's options, we saw what made ChromePlus different. Starting with the New IE tab, which opens a new browser tab in IE for pages optimized for Internet Explorer, ChromePlus adds an enhanced bookmarks section; a control to clear your browsing history; the ChromePlus Download Manager; and Enhanced Options, which let us configure settings for tabs, bookmarks, privacy data, and how the browser functions as well as access the settings for Mouse Gestures, IE Tabs, Adblocking, Accelerators (keystroke shortcuts), and start-up options. The tabbed Chrome Options dialog is there, too, and there's links to the ChromePlus Web site and forum as well. Of course, what matters is how well ChromePlus performs. It loaded and browsed every bit as quickly as a stripped-down Chrome installation, but its extras really made a difference. For instance, the Super Drag feature let us grab and drag a link into a new tab automatically, which may be the quickest method yet. Mouse Gestures are useful but require some practice. The IE Tab functioned perfectly, and switching modes was easy. Of course, it supports Chrome's incognito mode, too.
Google Chrome is getting better all the time, and it's become a serious contender for browser supremacy. ChromePlus adds features and options that take Chrome another step toward that goal. If you use Chrome, try ChromePlus.
From Maple Studio:
CoolNovo (ChromePlus) has all the functionality that Google Chrome has. CoolNovo added some useful features such as Mouse gesture, Super drag, and IE tab. It features, Mouse Gestures, Super drag, IE tab, download tools supported in context menu, and double click tab to close page so that you don't need to locate and click the small "x" button on the tab to close it.
What's new in this version: Version 188.8.131.52 has added CoolNovo theme and changed the UI of chromium downloader.
More Products to Consider
- Explore the Web using Google's super-fast browser.
- Run Java applications on your Windows computer.
- Surf the Web comfortably, relying on speed, safety, and power o...
- Run Java applications on your Windows computer.
- Try the faster browser that lets you get the most from today's ...
- View Flash multimedia content through your browser.
- Take Google's Chrome browser with you on a USB stick.
- Detect trackers and control their ability to view your online b...
- Take your bookmarks, surf internet, and experience the private ...
- Explore the Web in a safe and secure way.
- Navigate the Web with HTTPS browser that encrypts browsing sess...
- Scan for working online coupon codes during checkout while shop...
- Surf the Web with browser with automatic form filler, popup blo...
- Manage and organize your RSS feeds and TV Shows.
- Unblock Web sites and browse securely in Google Chrome.
- Download video from Metacafe, Vimeo, Facebok, and other sites v...
- Check out the latest pre-release of the upcoming Firefox.
- Flash Player preview version with new video hardware accelerati...
- Browse internet using a Chrome-based browser with automation fe...
- Hide your IP address and prevent Internet activity tracking.
- Browse the Web with speed and an elegant interface.
- Browse eLibraries(*.ero) in an easy, efficient, and fun way.
- Encrypt the Internet traffic, so that the user can surf the Int...
- Surf the Internet with a simple and easy-to-use Web browser.
All versions:3.8 stars
out of 44 votes
Current version:4.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"A fine flexible browser"
Version: CoolNovo 184.108.40.206
Offers great flexibility; very stable; secure. Fast with a comprehensive and innovative set functions and capabilities. CoolNovo's GUI pleasure to use.
Would like to see a 64-Bit version.
CoolNovo is FREE! Give it a shot.works well attractive GUI.
Updated on Jun 18, 2013
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content