The program performs predominantly Co-localization analysis (hence the name CoolLocalizer) but also other tasks. It features two-click generation of image montages for publication, presentation, and documentation of image data (usually a tedious procedure in Photoshop).
CoolLocalizer differs from all other applications in many ways: * It is the first to run on Macintosh. Labs are generally mixed-platform environments, but scientists often prefer Macs. * It is smaller and stand-alone, no need for a "mother-ship" application or extra modules * It is much easier to learn and use. * Interface designed by scientists doing microscopy to be as easy and "few-click" as possible. * The price. Traditional applications are more than ten times more expensive!
Traditional software are typically installed on only one workstation per research department. Because of the pricing and its ease of use, every scientists can run their own copy of CL.
What's new in this version:
- Tools/ROI Analysis: new feature, LUT for each channel, blue=>red with increased intensities
- Main screen/ROI selection: The Shift key pressed results in perfects squared/circular ROI:s
- Main screen/ROI selection: ?x and ?y are displayed to indicate the current size of ROI
- Tools/Montage Window: The windows will be displayed in front of other windows.
- Main screen/Save Button: The button now saves the image only instead of a screen shot. To save a screen shot (with ROI, Fluoro... See all new features »