From Adam Tesh:
Simply put, Cool.Down is the 'bit' that is missing from the Microsoft Windows operating system. Sure, you can set you PC to sleep or hibernate after a period of inactivity but the usefulness of this only goes so far. Cool.Down was created to build on this idea. Cool.Down has the same functionality as far as the actions are concerned. Cool.Down will allow you to hibernate and sleep your PC but at any time you wish. More specifically after an elapsed amount of time or at a specific time that can be set.
Version 1.5 includes several changes such as auto tabbing, full skin support, menu arrow added, and other improvements.
What's new in this version: Version 1.5 includes several changes such as auto tabbing, full skin support, menu arrow added, and other improvements.
More Products to Consider
- Monitor your PC use and log keystrokes, clipboard, screenshot, ...
- Enhance your gameplay by editing Xbox 360 gamesaves.
- Print at home or at your office passport photo and ID photo.
- Convert and resize your image files.
- Determine a random order for a group of people or choose indivi...
- Schedule Windows shutdown, restart, or log-off.
- Drive the mosquitoes away.
- Specify when exactly and how long the computer can be used.
- Watch weather just like the view from the window.
- Get a personal scheduling tool that is easy to use.
- Meassure distances and angles on your desktop.
- Automate shutdown of your PC.
- Wake up, shutdown, and reboot your computer over a network.
- Categorize and keep track of your movie collection.
- Shutdown or reboot your computer or use timed shutdown feature.
- Create realistic, 3D walk-throughs of your design ideas.
- Log off, shut down, or reboot Windows 2000 with a simple execut...
- Find out interesting information about your birth date.
- Shutdown, reboot, or re-logon to your computer automatically or...
- Design and print labels for your tapes, discs, and other disc m...
- Shutdown, hibernate, or restart your PC automatically.
- Automate your PC shutdown, reboot, sleep, log off, and hibernat...
- Disable private browsing option in any Web browser.
- Log off the computer much quicker.
All versions:4.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"valuable time saving and battery saving software"
Version: Cool.Down 1
After trialing this software I've found it to be extremely valuable, it's very easy to use and diverse to whatever your particular needs are e.g whether you prefer to set a minutes/hours countdown or to set a specific time. It has a three skins to choose from which all have a clean, tidy interface. It also has a preset option so you if you know you want it o shut down at 10:00 regularly you can save it as a preset and quickly load it when restarting the software. Cool.Down also contains an options menu in which you can personalise it further e.g start minimized, start with windows etc.
I found one obvious fall back of Cool.Down it has no help option though it does say it will be added on a later version. I'd also like a wider variety of skins and I personally dislike the way you can highlight the action box but those are just personal tastes and I find it a very beneficial piece of software.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content
See more CNET content tagged: