Control Screen Saver is an easy to use all-in-one screen saver utility that lets you easily control your screen savers with a simple click of the mouse. You can launch, choose, configure, randomize, enable and disable your screen savers from the system tray. You can also hotkey activate and configure the current screen saver. ControlSS can also switch off your monitor.
What's new in this version: Version 1.4.2 may include unspecified updates, enhancements, or bug fixes.
More Products to Consider
- Bring realistic coral reef aquarium to your PC screen.
- Enjoy flight over ocean in cinematic 3D environment.
- Animate your desktop with water effects.
- Place video wallpapers on your desktop.
- Create a screensaver with images, sounds, movies, Flash, web si...
- Customize your wallpapers and screensavers with pictures and vi...
- Emulates the Matrix code and introduction sequence.
- Bring the beauty of African Serengeti wild life to your monitor...
- Bring underwater world to your desktop.
- Disply a virtual aquarium with unsurpassed realism.
- Watch breathtaking animated waterfall with eagles soaring above...
- Set your desktop virtually on fire.
- Display a golden spinning cross with reflecting colors.
- Decorate your desktop with a Veep TV show screensaver.
- Decorate your desktop with a balls screensaver.
- Watch weather just like the view from the window.
- Decorate your desktop with a West Wing TV show screensaver.
- Change the desktop wallpaper automatically, position pictures t...
- Enjoy a screen saver with two moving turtles, passing the scree...
- Customize your bootup screen with your own images.
- Enjoy jai ganesha musical screensaver on your screen.
- Animate your desktop with the beautiful 3d space scenes.
- Decorate your desktop with a screensaver which is also a classi...
- See a glowing digital clock that appears when your computer is ...
All versions:2.7 stars
out of 3 votes
Current version:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"It works great!"
Version: ControlSS 1.4.2
Does everything I need it to do
Haven't noticed any in the few months I've been using it now
I'm not sure why this software has only 1 star out of the two previous votes given here. It does just what it's supposed to and in the 3 months or so that I've been using it now, I haven't noticed any bugs or glitches.
My OS at the moment is Windows Vista, and I have my notebook hooked to my 50 inch TV with an HD cable. Whenever I'm about to step away from the computer for any extended length of time I use this program to instantly activate the slideshow screensaver (which I have set as my double-click default) that plays my collection of hundreds of gorgeous high-def widescreen pictures in pan and zoom mode at medium speed, gathered from various wallpaper sites on the web.
However, right-clicking brings up a menu from which, among other things, you can specify another default screen saver from whichever ones you have available on your system, or select from a sub-list of the others if you feel like a temporary change of pace. You can even choose randomization.
This program takes away nothing from my system's available screen saver options, and adds so much more. It has a bunch of other features that I don't feel the need to use.
Before this one, I first tried two other manual-activation screen saver softwares. One could appear in the system tray (which is a feature I prefer to have) but had no more available options or customizable features and for some reason couldn't be configured to load upon startup. The other software I tried could be activated by using a desktop icon, which I didn't want on my desktop, or a quick launch button, which often became unresponsive for some reason. It had more features than the first one, but was still not all that customizable.
Then I found this one. I normally don't bother trying out software here that has a low rating, but I made an exception, and I'm really glad I did. It was just what I'd been looking for and I couldn't be happier with it.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content