Control Screen Saver is an easy to use all-in-one screen saver utility that lets you easily control your screen savers with a simple click of the mouse. You can launch, choose, configure, randomize, enable and disable your screen savers from the system tray. You can also hotkey activate and configure the current screen saver. ControlSS can also switch off your monitor.
What's new in this version: Version 1.4.2 may include unspecified updates, enhancements, or bug fixes.
More Products to Consider
- Bring realistic coral reef aquarium to your PC screen.
- Animate your desktop with water effects.
- Place video wallpapers on your desktop.
- Display the view of our planet as seen from space.
- Create a screensaver with images, sounds, movies, Flash, web si...
- Emulates the Matrix code and introduction sequence.
- Customize your wallpapers and screensavers with pictures and vi...
- Disply a virtual aquarium with unsurpassed realism.
- Select and set different wallpapers for PC.
- Enjoy three stunning animations that reflect the world of Magic...
- Enjoy the brightly colored animations, that dance gently like w...
- Set your desktop virtually on fire.
- Enjoy all the beauty of spring with the background music of Viv...
- Enjoy flight over ocean in cinematic 3D environment.
- Screen saver with 20 sunsets, animals, flowers, mountains & oth...
- Manage screen savers by simply placing mouse cursor in the defi...
- View current time and day of week on your screen.
- Watch zeros and ones moving on your desktop.
- Enjoy the beauty of nature and waterfall scenery on your deskto...
- Get a screensaver with a selection from the works of Spanish pa...
- Customize your bootup screen with your own images.
- Place NBA stars on your desktop.
- Place a wallpaper and screensaver of foxes on your desktop.
- Animate your desktop with the beautiful 3d space scenes.
All versions:2.7 stars
out of 3 votes
Current version:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"It works great!"
Version: ControlSS 1.4.2
Does everything I need it to do
Haven't noticed any in the few months I've been using it now
I'm not sure why this software has only 1 star out of the two previous votes given here. It does just what it's supposed to and in the 3 months or so that I've been using it now, I haven't noticed any bugs or glitches.
My OS at the moment is Windows Vista, and I have my notebook hooked to my 50 inch TV with an HD cable. Whenever I'm about to step away from the computer for any extended length of time I use this program to instantly activate the slideshow screensaver (which I have set as my double-click default) that plays my collection of hundreds of gorgeous high-def widescreen pictures in pan and zoom mode at medium speed, gathered from various wallpaper sites on the web.
However, right-clicking brings up a menu from which, among other things, you can specify another default screen saver from whichever ones you have available on your system, or select from a sub-list of the others if you feel like a temporary change of pace. You can even choose randomization.
This program takes away nothing from my system's available screen saver options, and adds so much more. It has a bunch of other features that I don't feel the need to use.
Before this one, I first tried two other manual-activation screen saver softwares. One could appear in the system tray (which is a feature I prefer to have) but had no more available options or customizable features and for some reason couldn't be configured to load upon startup. The other software I tried could be activated by using a desktop icon, which I didn't want on my desktop, or a quick launch button, which often became unresponsive for some reason. It had more features than the first one, but was still not all that customizable.
Then I found this one. I normally don't bother trying out software here that has a low rating, but I made an exception, and I'm really glad I did. It was just what I'd been looking for and I couldn't be happier with it.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content
See more CNET content tagged: